Enable PVR on Q90R Series

General forum talking area for R/QR series TVs.

iwantyou1982

Re: Enable PVR on Q90R Series

Post by iwantyou1982 »

good evening everyone, I ask you if you can help me solve a problem on my Italian TV. I followed the procedure to activate the pvr successfully selecting the PanNordig region. But I realized that in this way the multimedia functions of the Italian channels do not work. I tried to do the procedure in reverse, but when I do the tuning of the channels it still turns out that they are in the countries of northern Europe, so all the channels are messy and not including multimedia services. Thanks to those who want to help me.
RogerWilco

Post by RogerWilco »

Hello iwantyou1982,
this is a known issue; when you change region, all settings, channel lists included, reflect the region you have set.
One workaround is to set the region to Italy. Scan for the channels. Store the channel list on as USB device.
Then change the region to PanNordig and reload the preset channel list from USB.
May I ask you if you successfully managed to activate the PVR? On my Q70 series I can set it to on, but as soon as I reboot the TV set it turns to off, regardless of the region.
If you were successful can you tell me your exact TV model and procedure you have followed?
iwantyou1982

Post by iwantyou1982 »

RogerWilco wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:43 am Hello iwantyou1982,
this is a known issue; when you change region, all settings, channel lists included, reflect the region you have set.
One workaround is to set the region to Italy. Scan for the channels. Store the channel list on as USB device.
Then change the region to PanNordig and reload the preset channel list from USB.
May I ask you if you successfully managed to activate the PVR? On my Q70 series I can set it to on, but as soon as I reboot the TV set it turns to off, regardless of the region.
If you were successful can you tell me your exact TV model and procedure you have followed?
hi, thanks for the reply. The problem is that changing the region to Paneuro, and after the reset, it doesn't give me the possibility to choose the local set Italy. He only offers me the countries of Holland, Belgium and another that I don't remember. So when tuning, the channels are messy. I don't know how to solve ...
RogerWilco

Post by RogerWilco »

What is your TV's exact model?
iwantyou1982

Post by iwantyou1982 »

RogerWilco wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:37 am What is your TV's exact model?

my tv does not belong to the series shown in the topic, but it is a 55ru7400. But being tizen I think the procedures are similar.
Phobos

Post by Phobos »

iwantyou1982 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:43 am
RogerWilco wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:43 am Hello iwantyou1982,
hi, thanks for the reply. The problem is that changing the region to Paneuro, and after the reset, it doesn't give me the possibility to choose the local set Italy. He only offers me the countries of Holland, Belgium and another that I don't remember. So when tuning, the channels are messy. I don't know how to solve ...
You could try this:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/ ... d-p/710248

Could you please confirm that on your set the region has to be changed to Pannordig to enable PVR? I am in the market for a 2020 T series TV and I am trying to figure out if I can enable PVR prior to buying. This region change sounds strange, because in EU there are countries for which PVR is active, so I am wondering which countries Paneuro region covers. It would be helpful if you (but also R series owners) could list the regions available other than Paneuro and Pannordig
notengo13
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by notengo13 »

maybe you can try change BOM model and SW model.

!!!!try on your own it is just suggestions!!!!!
check here
UE48H6640 T-MST14DEUC 2781.0 root latestH --> 2130.0 skypeRoot-->0000-->2115.3 "Skype refueled" Root
QE55QN93A - - >firmware T-NKM2DEUC-1805.4 (backup 1590.0) - - >update CURL60 Error --> CURL28 Error
RogerWilco

Post by RogerWilco »

This is very interesting, and thank you for sharing, but... I honestly don't have the guts to try this myself on my new tv set.
notengo13
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by notengo13 »

Well it's just my thoughts. If you change PVR and reboot tv. Tv somehow knows that is for Italian market. And maybe changing BOM model or SW model you can bypass this feature. If you can check on your TV what BOM model and SW model you have and compare to TV set for another market
UE48H6640 T-MST14DEUC 2781.0 root latestH --> 2130.0 skypeRoot-->0000-->2115.3 "Skype refueled" Root
QE55QN93A - - >firmware T-NKM2DEUC-1805.4 (backup 1590.0) - - >update CURL60 Error --> CURL28 Error
taranulgheorghe

Post by taranulgheorghe »

Phobos wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:11 pm I am in the market for a 2020 T series TV and I am trying to figure out if I can enable PVR prior to buying.
@Phobos, Have you found a way to enable PVR on the Samsung T series?

Return to “[R/QR] General”