Transform a tu7172 to a tu7170

General forum talking area for T/QT series TVs.

Dynamizer

Transform a tu7172 to a tu7170

Post by Dynamizer »

Greetings.
A friend bought a ue55tu7172 but since it's not for the italian market it doesn't have the "tivusat" support (menu and/or LCN feature for satellite) for tuning the italian tv from satellite.
So I found out that the same tv is sold for the italian market as the ue55tu7170, and it's officially supported by "tivusat".
I found that it's the same identical model since I downloaded the latest firmware upgrade and it's the same file (also compared with "Merge" on Windows)!
I tried to search on the service menu but I didn't find any clue, so I left it untouched.
Please help me, thanks!
niklocastro

Re: Transform a tu7172 to a tu7170

Post by niklocastro »

Have you boght the cam and an active sim-card and tryed to put it in the tv?
Tivusat, like sky, works with this additional hardware that usually is not sold with the tv.

I think it's not question of certification or model, try it.
Dynamizer

Post by Dynamizer »

niklocastro wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:18 pm Have you boght the cam and an active sim-card and tryed to put it in the tv?
Tivusat, like sky, works with this additional hardware that usually is not sold with the tv.

I think it's not question of certification or model, try it.
Of course I tried with the original 4k smarcam and the smart card (we call a sim card the cellphone ones), and not only didn't work, but it doesn't matter on the LCN support.
niklocastro

Post by niklocastro »

Maybe it depends on the smartcam you are using,
usually when you plug it in you can see in the option->trasmission the "common interface" key enabled if the tv has recognized the new hardware.

Forget about the lcn during the channel search, you can manual order your channel and save the list on a usb key,
i think the problems you shoud focus are:
- recognized new hardware by the tv when cam plugged in?
- smart card subscription is yet active?
- CAM and smartcard are working well on another tv?
- is the tv making you the ability to select CAM for decrypt an encrypted channel?

Hope it helps,
N.
Dynamizer

Post by Dynamizer »

niklocastro wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:11 am Maybe it depends on the smartcam you are using,
usually when you plug it in you can see in the option->trasmission the "common interface" key enabled if the tv has recognized the new hardware.
This is the *SMARCAM* (not "smartcam" :p) I tried to use: https://www.tivusat.tv/pages/prodotti/c ... vusat.aspx
I don't think it wouldn't be compatible. Anyway I don't remember what was in that menu/submenu, it was some months ago the last time I tried.
Forget about the lcn during the channel search, you can manual order your channel and save the list on a usb key,
Eh no: I need the LCN support, that's why I opened this thread, because the tv is not mine and I don't have time to do channel sorting: LCN is for that purpose and I absolutely need the feature. The CAM support would be secondary to that.
i think the problems you shoud focus are:
- recognized new hardware by the tv when cam plugged in?
Can't remember so much but as far as I recall, it seemed so.
- smart card subscription is yet active?
Yes, the card was used in a Tivusat stb.
- CAM and smartcard are working well on another tv?
Didn't try it yet since the cam and the included card (not the one I tried above, that one was his own) are mine. I bought it to use with a new tv I bought but not yet setup.
- is the tv making you the ability to select CAM for decrypt an encrypted channel?
Normally this is automatic.
Hope it helps,
N.
Thanks, but the main problem to me is the LCN support, THEN the cam support.
b0yd

Post by b0yd »

I've the same problem. Do you have solved?

Return to “[T/QT] General”