Disable Firmware Updates

General forum talking area for T/QT series TVs.

plasticassius

Disable Firmware Updates

Post by plasticassius »

I recently bought a UE50TU8002K as an update for my fading LE37C670. I found out that avoiding firmware updates requires blocking DNS osb-v2.samsungqbe.com. Others mentioned in different posts didn't seem to be sufficient. A couple of other addresses that I thought might be related to updates are tvx.adgrx.com and scs.samsungqbe.com, but ultimately didn't need to block those.

Is anyone looking into rooting in the T series? I really miss being able to mount NFS shares and other goodies. I'd be happy to help with any non-destructive tests.
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Disable Firmware Updates

Post by sectroyer »

plasticassius wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:21 pm I recently bought a UE50TU8002K as an update for my fading LE37C670. I found out that avoiding firmware updates requires blocking DNS osb-v2.samsungqbe.com. Others mentioned in different posts didn't seem to be sufficient. A couple of other addresses that I thought might be related to updates are tvx.adgrx.com and scs.samsungqbe.com, but ultimately didn't need to block those.

Is anyone looking into rooting in the T series? I really miss being able to mount NFS shares and other goodies. I'd be happy to help with any non-destructive tests.
Very nice:) Good post :!: I block all, but will add special rule :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
ZGod

Re: Disable Firmware Updates

Post by ZGod »

Could this name be added to blackbox' post? viewtopic.php?p=83355#p83355

I'm using this blocklist myself now:

Code: Select all

az28248.vo.msecnd.net
az43064.vo.msecnd.net
samsungotn.net
otn.samsungcloudcdn.com
samsungcloudsolution.net
osb-v2.samsungqbe.com
Blocking the entire msecnd.net domain also seems to block legitimate services.

Return to “[T/QT] General”