C Series EEPROM research

This forum for information that related with C series hardware instead of firmware/software.

hedak

Re: C Series EEPROM research

Post by hedak »

That's what i will try after dumpig micom EEPROM now.

But i'm a bit afraid of changing UART bit, because of loosing my only remaining way into the tv :/

Why not directly try to change the watchdog bit at 0x6D51 to 0x00?
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

don't worry, just do it. debug - uart - debug is only byte which let us know we are on right way. Of something wrong, you can set that byte back, you have dirrect write access to eeprom, why scared?

but sure you can just change that watchdog byte.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
hedak

Post by hedak »

Guess you are right again! Got bit 0x6D51 set to 0x00, but had no effect, even after power reset.

So i will try to follow your advise and change micom EEPROM.

EDIT: Changing micom EEPROM part (which worked!) can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7133#p53883

I think we can start researching on monday. Just advise me whoch settings (and where) to check.

Can i you figure out the addresses in one tv session (change setting in service menu and then dump the micom EEPROM, change back, dump and compare)?
Last edited by hedak on Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

hedak wrote:Can i you figure out the addresses in one tv session (change setting in service menu and then dump the micom EEPROM, change back, dump and compare)?
Yes, in most cases here was no need to reboot TV. value in eeprom was changed immediately. Most interesting values are rs232, watchdog, OTN on/off and so on, it is up to you :)

i wonder what if EPG data are stored in eeprom, possible?
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

hedak

Post by hedak »

The problem is that i don't know the service menu setting. I even had to google for OTN's meaning ;) But i will do at least the ones you mentioned :) What about micom EEPROM? I will dump effect of SW toggle for example.

Any idea how to check for EPG data in SoC EEPROM? Just comparing two dumps will not be sufficient i think as it's not ASCII (IIRC from 'reading' all my EEPROM dumps).
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by beatfreak »

i think it is unlikely to find epg stuff in eeprom..
-epg empty at every boot
-various amount of data
-many changes during runtime (especially when filling)
this smells more like tmpfs...
//UE40C6500 @ T-VALDEUC 3011 // rooted manual HotelMode style // PVR to NFS via 18MB on-the-fly sparse XFS //
FYI: you can close your ssh session with SamyGO with

Code: Select all

~.
If you can't fix it using dvct tape, you are not using enough dvct tape.
hedak

Post by hedak »

As i found out during my unbrick procedure my SoC EEPROM content was static after every boot. Maybe because i unplugged cable wire. Furthermore i have FastStart feature (ATM disabled) which (i read) keeps data available for about one day. That could help to figure it out a bit easier.

BTW i'm coding an I2C sniffer for my teensy++ 2.0 board ATM to see what's going on there ;) I will check it's operation at work tomorrow.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

beatfreak wrote:this smells more like tmpfs...
yes, this was just try to guess... :?

Return to “[C] Hardware”