[solved] Cycle reboot UE46C7700 - T-VALDEUC

This forum for information that related with C series hardware instead of firmware/software.

hedak

Re: [solved] Cycle reboot UE46C7700 - T-VALDEUC

Post by hedak »

Yes, i will patch kernel and correct hashes. Sorry for not being clear with the interesting link: the first part of the title sound interesting: I think about adding a rescue script to rootfs. The question is only what that script should do ;)

One offtopic question: Would authuld or whatever recognize if i would run a patched modified exeDSP from another place than /mtd_exe/ (if you remember i modified my /mtd_exe/rc.local to run a start.sh placed in /mtd_rwarea/)?
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

when you have patched kernel and no more restrictions for input, then no need for rescue scripts. No idea about script ATM, might fire up network driver + telnet if exeDSP crashed (no need for exlink cable then). Or just slightly modify the 8282119 script. Use your imagination :)

exeDSP: it is doesn`t matter where it starts from. Just hashes of partitions and authuld itself is important.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
hedak

Post by hedak »

Ok, i will see if i find some useful script (it's just for the case of 6.5 sec reboot loop ;)).

Thx for the info regarding exeDSP. So i can play around with it :D

Just for info: I rehashed the 1st partition successfully and also patched input filtration in both kernels (1st and 2nd partition). I'll offer once more: if there is any interest in T-VALDEUC-1001.4 dumps let me know.

You devs do a great work here! Thank you!
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by beatfreak »

way more low-level but,
if 8282119 is only a script,
what about creating a 62617368 script that gets some hex values passed, converts them to ascii characters including whitespaces etc. and then runs the commands?
-> should work on non-patched kernels also..?
//UE40C6500 @ T-VALDEUC 3011 // rooted manual HotelMode style // PVR to NFS via 18MB on-the-fly sparse XFS //
FYI: you can close your ssh session with SamyGO with

Code: Select all

~.
If you can't fix it using dvct tape, you are not using enough dvct tape.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

yes, but with custom rootfs :-)
if i flash custom rootfs, why then i don't flash patched kernel?
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by beatfreak »

slightly smaller possible cause for errors..^^
//UE40C6500 @ T-VALDEUC 3011 // rooted manual HotelMode style // PVR to NFS via 18MB on-the-fly sparse XFS //
FYI: you can close your ssh session with SamyGO with

Code: Select all

~.
If you can't fix it using dvct tape, you are not using enough dvct tape.
hedak

Post by hedak »

@beatfreak: good idea! But i already patched the kernel :) Just for interest: Does exeDSP allow to pass arguments to scripts in /etc/Scripts/CIP?

BTW How did you come to script name '62617368'? Is there any logic behind these numbers?

I will add three scripts: One will load USB drivers without 'sleep' commands and execute a script on USB stick. Second one will load network drivers (Is loading network drivers completely done by running network_init.sh?) and start busybox's telnetd. Third one will just start sh/ash.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

i think it will pass arguments, its bash script. Use hex symbols as argument A-F,0-9, should work.

p.s. maybe we should close topic and start new one for custom rootfs?

hedak

Post by hedak »

As you suggested i created a new topic about modifying rootfs here: https://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7247 :)

Return to “[C] Hardware”