Is it possible to root Samsung The Frame QE32LS03TCU

This is general talk area for things that NOT RELATED WITH TV! Instead, about internal works like web site, forum, wiki, or talking, etc...

chrisjan

Is it possible to root Samsung The Frame QE32LS03TCU

Post by chrisjan »

Hi all,

I'm not sure which serie exactly is this model, but it would be great if I could run oscam on it.
Will be grateful for information.

Best,
chrisjan
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Is it possible to root Samsung The Frame QE32LS03TCU

Post by sectroyer »

chrisjan wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:22 am Hi all,

I'm not sure which serie exactly is this model, but it would be great if I could run oscam on it.
Will be grateful for information.
Great you asked about root when you cared only about oscam :) For others who don't know how to get "series/model" it's ENOUGH to give us filename of your firmware update file that you can download from samsung website :) Yeah your TV IS rootable and NO it will NEVER run oscam :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
chrisjan

Post by chrisjan »

Thank you sectroyer for your answer,
forgive me if the question was stupid, but this is my first Samsung TV and I don't quite understand everything yet. So the name of the update file is T-KSU2FDEUC.zip, what series is it?

Regarding oscam: if the system can be rooted, why is there no chance to run oscam? are these tv not run on tizen system? I seem to have seen somewhere oscam builds for thizen os.
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

chrisjan wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:48 pm Thank you sectroyer for your answer,
forgive me if the question was stupid, but this is my first Samsung TV and I don't quite understand everything yet. So the name of the update file is T-KSU2FDEUC.zip, what series is it?
It's KantS 2 T series. TV put together from scraps from from 2019 (KTS) sold in 2020 (that's why it's named KTS2). It's very low end with poor cpu and no hw support...
chrisjan wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:48 pmRegarding oscam: if the system can be rooted, why is there no chance to run oscam?
Poor HW :)
chrisjan wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:48 pm are these tv not run on tizen system?
Of course they are :) Even if you have Win11 but poor graphics card it doesn't mean you can run latest games :D
chrisjan wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:48 pm
I seem to have seen somewhere oscam builds for thizen os.
But NOT for KTS and KTS2. Poor HW :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!

Return to “General”