Netflix uhd problem on rooted tv

This is general talk area for things that NOT RELATED WITH TV! Instead, about internal works like web site, forum, wiki, or talking, etc...

master1234
SamyGO Project Donor

Netflix uhd problem on rooted tv

Post by master1234 »

I have HU8500 rooted series tv.
Recently I bought netflix uhd account but it playes only in 1080 even though it says that contrnt is available in Uktra hd 4k.

Could it be since my netflix app is not up to date?
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Netflix uhd problem on rooted tv

Post by sectroyer »

master1234 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:56 pm I have HU8500 rooted series tv.
Recently I bought netflix uhd account but it playes only in 1080 even though it says that contrnt is available in Uktra hd 4k.
How did you confirm it was NOT 4k ?
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
master1234
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by master1234 »

When i press info button In the upper left corner of the stream there is duration of a movie/tv show and resolution 1080
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

master1234 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:32 am When i press info button In the upper left corner of the stream there is duration of a movie/tv show and resolution 1080
Did you contact netflix and confirm that this show (in your location) IS offered in 4k? Sometimes license does NOT allow this :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
master1234
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by master1234 »

I tried at least 20 shows/films that are offered in 4k but none is in 4k on tv. In my area 4k content is available.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

master1234 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:40 pm I tried at least 20 shows/films that are offered in 4k but none is in 4k on tv. In my area 4k content is available.
No I asked if you asked netflix directly about THOSE specific shows?
master1234 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:40 pm In my area 4k content is available.
It might available but maybe not for shows you are testing?
master1234
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by master1234 »

I couldnt send inquiry since I got the account credentials from a friend of mine who uses it in Spain. He’s got 4k. Router doesnt have vpn option, though i did test it with vpn on my iphone X and still its only 1080, doesnt even offer ultra hd.

Now i have found this info on netflix page.

NOTE: Devices must run the latest firmware for Ultra HD playback to work properly.

This is why I assume I cannot watch uhd netflix content on my tv since its outdated app on tv.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

master1234 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:32 pm I couldnt send inquiry since I got the account credentials from a friend of mine who uses it in Spain.
They might detect it!!
master1234 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:32 pm Router doesnt have vpn option,
Change or install tomato/ddwrt or (worst case scenario) openwrt and it will work :)
master1234 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:32 pmi did test it with vpn on my iphone X and still its only 1080, doesnt even offer ultra hd.
I don't think they offer 4k for phones at all...
master1234 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:32 pm Now i have found this info on netflix page.
NOTE: Devices must run the latest firmware for Ultra HD playback to work properly.
This is why I assume I cannot watch uhd netflix content on my tv since its outdated app on tv.
Nah I think if at all it's simply outdated tv. Did you notice that ABOVE text you are citing there is a sentence that your TV "has to be on the list" ? :) Is it "on the list" for 4k support?
master1234
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by master1234 »

I checked few things. Same account on my network in Samsung s20 phone works in HDR, this clearifies that my ISP Or router isnt blocking anything and that the account is Premium UHD. It id probobly my outdated netflix app. I remember it used to stream netflix in 2160 res. Few years back.

Though I didnt try to reinstall the app since i am affraid I wouldnt be able to install it again after removing it becase it is old fw version?
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

master1234 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:30 am I remember it used to stream netflix in 2160 res.
So it started working, nice :)
master1234 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:30 am Though I didnt try to reinstall the app since i am affraid I wouldnt be able to install it again after removing it becase it is old fw version?
With root you can install whatever you want, so no worry :)

Return to “General”