[DYI] Remote Control emulator: send custom IR codes

This is general talk area for things that NOT RELATED WITH TV! Instead, about internal works like web site, forum, wiki, or talking, etc...

jenga

Re: [DYI] Remote Control emulator: send custom IR codes

Post by jenga »

I just want to thank you all for this fantastic description and thread.
I have a eastern europe Samsung UE40KU6000 (UE40KU6072U) bought a couple of years ago without knowing it was of parallel import.

Using an IR audio jack I was able to access the extended service menù (for this model INFO+FACTORY when TV is on is enough).
After this I have the area selection in Option menù. Selected EU_ITALY, then factory reset, and now I have all Italian channels, channel number in expected order, and plus I added a Satellite CAM with tivuSat (italian smartcard) so I can see all the channel that are not available via antenna.

Really thank you for this useful instructions!
I think I will create a blog post on my blog in Italian, pointing to your site and wiki.
contenitore21

Post by contenitore21 »

let us know about your italian blog, please
danielgrant007

Post by danielgrant007 »

Hi,
First of all Thank you for this topic. Such a brilliant discovery.
I have posted in another topic from here for an EH6030 to enable PVR. After that i found this topic , i'v built the transmiter, and "voila" managed to unhide a lot of hidden option in SM. In those options i found the "PVR support" which i put in ON position. After that restarted the TV but nothing appeared in the Menu.
david

Return to “General”