[App] Rooting E, F (and H?) Bluray

Samsung's BluRay player related hacks.

sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

[App] Rooting E, F (and H?) Bluray

Post by sectroyer »

!
WARNING!!!! DON'T ASK FOR HELP WITHOUT PROVIDING SCREENSHOT OF ROOTING APP LOG!!!!!!!

!
WARNING!!!! DON'T EXPECT HACK TO BE WORKING CORRECTLY IF YOU EVER UNPLUG ROOTING USB :)!!!!!!
In case you're asked to "attach" some files, paste them directly to forum if they're of reasonable size, please don't make the job more difficult by posting 1 byte file on dropbox for example.

For bigger stuff, advice is to post log(s) to http://ctrlv.it and use any web image hosting of your choice to paste screenshots.
Please respect that, we had already ran out of quota due to huge profusion of useless crap uploaded directly to forum.

This rooting method requires fat formatted usb disk. Here are the steps to make it work:

For E SERIES!!!! do this:
  • Unpack attached SamyGO_data_E.zip to FAT USB
  • Download 128mb.xfs from there
  • Copy file 128mb.xfs to folder SamyGO_data on FAT USB
  • Unpack SamyGO_Bluray to FAT USB
  • Now you should have FAT USB with two folders: SamyGO_Bluray and SamyGO_data
  • Connect USB to Bluray
  • Launch SamyGO_Bluray from SmartHub (if it doesn't appear after Bluray reboot). Sometimes it is necessary to connect USB WHILE Bluray IS OFF!!!
  • Reboot Bluray and Start the Web Browser
  • Now SamyGO is started and telnet/ftp/etc. should work.
For F SERIES!!!! do this:
  • Unpack attached SamyGO_data_F.zip to FAT USB
  • Download SamyGO.zip from: http://download.samygo.tv/F%20Series/Widgets/SamyGO.zip
  • Extract SamyGO.zip and find file samyext4.img
  • Copy ONLY file samyext4.img to folder SamyGO_data on FAT USB
  • Unpack SamyGO_Bluray_F to FAT USB
  • Now you should have FAT USB with two folders: SamyGO_Bluray_F and SamyGO_data
  • Connect USB to Bluray
  • Launch SamyGO_Bluray_F from SmartHub (if it doesn't appear after Bluray reboot). Sometimes it is necessary to connect USB WHILE Bluray IS OFF!!!

For F (BETA) SERIES!!!!
WHEN YOU WANT TO HAVE BLURAY/DVD DISKS WORKING :)

do this:
  • Unpack attached SamyGO_data_F_FIXED.zip to FAT USB
  • Download samyext4.img.zip from there
  • Extract samyext4.img.new.zip and copy file samyext4.img to folder SamyGO_data on FAT USB
  • Unpack SamyGO_Bluray_F to FAT USB
  • Now you should have FAT USB with two folders: SamyGO_Bluray_F and SamyGO_data
  • Connect USB to Bluray
  • Launch SamyGO_Bluray_F from SmartHub (if it doesn't appear after Bluray reboot). Sometimes it is necessary to connect USB WHILE Bluray IS OFF!!!

For H SERIES!!!! do this:
  • If your FW is LOWER than October 2015 use rooting method from here: https://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=9622. Then come back here and ask for further instructions. If your fw is MORE recent you need to block updates (link in my signature) on router or you will NEVER remove cinavia etc.
In case of problems please check telnet on port: 2023 or 1023!!! If nothing more works check telnet on port 5023 or netcat on port 4023

You`re not allowed to leak files or methods out of this closed area. Users who will share/post/repost any info from here will be banned despite of any ammount of donation made.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
greenhorn
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [App] Rooting E and F Bluray

Post by greenhorn »

is this one the same I have?
TV: UE40F7000 - T-FXPDEUC-1115.0 - SamyGO Extensions on F series
TV: UE55ES7000S - T-ECPDEUC-2003.4 - SamyGO tool Right from USB - no develop account is needed
TV: UE40C6710 - T-VALDEUC 3011 - Hacking TV over Hotel mode (C650 T-VALDEUC-3009.2)
BD-Player: BD-E6100 - B-FIRBPEWWC 1063.3 - rooted, no more Cin@vi@
NAS: CIFS: MAG250 NFS: Playon!HD
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

greenhorn wrote:is this one the same I have?
hmm, might be some small differences :) If you want you can check :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
A986
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by A986 »

I tried the rooting method on my F series bluray and it works but fails to load kernel modules needed for telnet and other stuff so I end up with FTP access only.

MODEL: BD-F8500A-XY
FIRMWARE VERSION: BPH-F8500EUB-1009.1

attached are the sam.log and samygo.log

From looking at the logs my version is not yet supported so the kernel modules are not found...

Code: Select all

"Fox.B 0092" KERNEL MODULE VERSION : "0082.1047, BD, Fox.B, release, BPH_BRANCH" 
I tried to use the FXP modules but that fails loading with vermagic issues eg anyver.ko
"vermagic=0082, release SMP preempt mod_unload ARMv7 p2v8 " should be "vermagic=0082, release SMP preempt mod_unload ARMv7 " it crashed when I tried to load a version with the string patched sorry I dont have a log from the crashes to see what went wrong and I restored the samyext4 image before I thought about trying to extract the logs.

Could someone please help me to get the kernel modules working with this model?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lordbyte

Post by Lordbyte »

Try the "quick and dirty" .. you might get lucky :-)

Find the magic string and patch it to equal your current version.
Worked for me, in other occations :-)
I provide NO assistance by PM, unless absolutely necessary. Please ask questions in dedicated topics.
A986
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by A986 »

It looks like I was trying to load the wrong modules :oops: I should have used the MST12 ones when Its done recording I will give them a try hopefully they work :)

I tried the MST12 modules with no luck, it loaded anyver but crashed trying to insmod SRS_module.ko
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

A986 wrote:It looks like I was trying to load the wrong modules :oops: I should have used the MST12 ones when Its done recording I will give them a try hopefully they work :)
Kernel modules for F are not done :) I don't have F maybe someone with F experience might help compiling them :)
robbottin
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by robbottin »

Remove Cinavia it's great, but it is possible now to make the player DVDs and Blurays region free?
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

robbottin wrote:Remove Cinavia it's great, but it is possible now to make the player DVDs and Blurays region free?
Maybe it is possible just I didn't investigate it yet. Still some problems with F Bluray users... Maybe you can help? Then don't know how to make "app appear" :)
tasos1976
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by tasos1976 »

Hi i need help because im new
launch the samygo app!
However, after reboot open web browser and nothing happend just open my home page

the instalation says
telnet..........
what is that?
thanks

Return to “BluRay Players”