[App] Rooting E and F Bluray Players (no Cinavia ;))

Samsung's BluRay player related hacks.

sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: [App] Rooting E and F Bluray Players (no Cinavia ;))

Post by sectroyer »

For you samyGOrc method should work :) Check my signature :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
Clyde1972
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Clyde1972 »

Ok, will try it and report back. If it is possible to telnet over wifi. Otherwise will try by using powerlan.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

Clyde1972 wrote:Ok, will try it and report back. If it is possible to telnet over wifi. Otherwise will try by using powerlan.
BTW you can ALSO block updates on router. Link ALSO in my description :P
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
Clyde1972
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Clyde1972 »

I also have a second BD player with Smarthub now: BD-D5500, luckily it has not been updated with a cinavia firmware yet but what should I do to prevent it to get it installed? Allready disabled automatic updates via menu option. Should I just block urls on router level or is there a patch that works for D Series also?
chaosmaker
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by chaosmaker »

With the D can't you use the DNS trick and install a so called higher version of the firmware? Or is the DNS trick not working anymore?
greg427

Post by greg427 »

hi, sorry for my english i am from Venezuela, I do not have to donate, I can help me to rooting my ht-e4500 please

Thanks
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

greg427 wrote:hi, sorry for my english i am from Venezuela, I do not have to donate, I can help me to rooting my ht-e4500 please

Thanks
Yes you don't have to :) You simply can :) Nobody forces you. After donating you will see thread about rooting :)
andbir
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by andbir »

Clyde1972 wrote:I also have a second BD player with Smarthub now: BD-D5500, luckily it has not been updated with a cinavia firmware yet but what should I do to prevent it to get it installed? Allready disabled automatic updates via menu option. Should I just block urls on router level or is there a patch that works for D Series also?
As long as you disable automatic upgrades and don't upgrade manually either you should be fine.
Clyde1972
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Clyde1972 »

andbir wrote:
Clyde1972 wrote:I also have a second BD player with Smarthub now: BD-D5500, luckily it has not been updated with a cinavia firmware yet but what should I do to prevent it to get it installed? Allready disabled automatic updates via menu option. Should I just block urls on router level or is there a patch that works for D Series also?
As long as you disable automatic upgrades and don't upgrade manually either you should be fine.
Thank you, was what I was planning on doing.
greg427

Post by greg427 »

sectroyer wrote:
greg427 wrote:hi, sorry for my english i am from Venezuela, I do not have to donate, I can help me to rooting my ht-e4500 please

Thanks
Yes you don't have to :) You simply can :) Nobody forces you. After donating you will see thread about rooting :)
hi, thanks for you answer but i don?t understand you, Can you explain Do I Get please?

Return to “BluRay Players”