[App] Removing Cinavia on E/F Bluray players

Samsung's BluRay player related hacks.

Munut
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [App] Removing Cinavia on E/F Bluray players

Post by Munut »

As in a web browser on the Bluray payer?

yes.

ok I'll have to try the root.
Munut
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Munut »

Hi Has not seemed to work for me, pretty sure I done it all right. Here are logs etc.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7o0d ... EJxUU5SNjQ

I had trouble with ctrlv.it images could have been too large, hope google drive is ok by you?

Any pointers?

Thanks
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

Munut wrote: Any pointers?

Thanks
Yeah as usually you probably did not follow first requirement. BLOCK UPDATES on router. Your device WAS rootable using this method. Now you will have to wait for new H root but if you do NOT block updates on router this new method will not work either :D
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
Munut
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Munut »

Yeah as usually you probably did not follow first requirement. BLOCK UPDATES on router. Your device WAS rootable using this method. Now you will have to wait for new H root but if you do NOT block updates on router this new method will not work either :D
I did block the domains as suggested in your link. This player seems to be a very new model perhaps it has a later version of the firmware installed already from the shop?

Any Idea how far away the new root will be?
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

Munut wrote:
I did block the domains as suggested in your link. This player seems to be a very new model perhaps it has a later version of the firmware installed already from the shop?

Any Idea how far away the new root will be?
Yes.
Simply test. Go to update menu. If you get "unable to connect" it's blocked correctly :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
scooter91170
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by scooter91170 »

Help please. Everytime I read slightly more I get told to try a different method in order to get Cinavia protection removed and I am currently sick of seeing Error Code 3, so any help as to what step I am doing wrong or missing would be appreciated...

Ok first thing's first it's a Samsung BD-F5500, with the latest fw (1023 I think)

My USB has been formatted to ExFAT and I installed the folders contained inside SamyGO_data_F_FIXED and SamyGO_Bluray_F together with samyext4.img inside the SamyGO_data folder.

In order to get it to work I have to use the method where I go into my SmartHub, insert the USB, return from the pop up box, and go down to the More Apps. At this point SamyGO is there and I run it.

Getting the screenshot everyone posts, with green on all the commands, so switch BluRay off and on...

Now at this point I've tried two things, at different times...
1) started the web browser from the home screen (one of the main apps showing), closed it and then tried to watch a movie (20 mins in Code 3!)
2) ran telnet, via Command Prompt, got the screen with /mtd_rwcommon/SamyGO_mount and try to watch BluRay and again get the 20 minute mark...

Now my understanding is with the Fixed one I don't have to run the Cinavia Patch, opening the web browser should do it, but I'm getting nowhere, so would appreciate help as to what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks in advance.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

Nope no idea what did you figure out :) But if "not works" you have to run manually and report results. Simple as that :)
scooter91170
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by scooter91170 »

sectroyer wrote:Nope no idea what did you figure out :) But if "not works" you have to run manually and report results. Simple as that :)
Ok now I'm confused. Not sure what you mean.

I'll try again and see if you can tell me if I'm missing a step/installation.

BluRay is a BD-F5500.
USB Memory formatted to exFAT (not FAT32)
Installed (from page 1 of rooting) SamyGO_data folder from SamyGO_data_F_FIXED.zip
and then SamyGO_Bluray_F.

Two folders now showing. In addition copied new samyext4.img from Dropbox into SamyGO_data folder.

Got SamyGO APP to run and message screen showed everything green and ok, so rebooted.

At this point I opened the web browser, as this is supposed to trigger the Cinavia, closed the browser, so I could watch a disc and Cinavia kicks in, so no audio.

Help, please.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

scooter91170 wrote:
sectroyer wrote:Nope no idea what did you figure out :) But if "not works" you have to run manually and report results. Simple as that :)

BluRay is a BD-F5500.
Installed (from page 1 of rooting) SamyGO_data folder from SamyGO_data_F_FIXED.zip

Two folders now showing. In addition copied new samyext4.img from Dropbox into SamyGO_data folder.

Got SamyGO APP to run and message screen showed everything green and ok, so rebooted.

At this point I opened the web browser, as this is supposed to trigger the Cinavia, closed the browser, so I could watch a disc and Cinavia kicks in, so no audio.

Help, please.
Told you already if NOT auto-triggers do MANUALLY:
  • Extract archive and copy cinaviapatch file (not folder) from archive to any directory (/tmp/ for example)
  • Set file permissions

Code: Select all

chmod +x /tmp/cinaviapatch
  • Run this:

/tmp/cinaviapatch -d -n exeDSP
  • No more Cinavia :)
Autostart:
Stop complaing "not works auto". We are getting nowhere, try manual and report results :)
deevine
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by deevine »

sectroyer wrote:
scooter91170 wrote:

BluRay is a BD-F5500.

Help, please.
Told you already if NOT auto-triggers do MANUALLY:
  • Extract archive and copy cinaviapatch file (not folder) from archive to any directory (/tmp/ for example)
  • Set file permissions

chmod +x /tmp/cinaviapatch
  • Run this:

/tmp/cinaviapatch -d -n exeDSP
  • No more Cinavia :)
Autostart:
Stop complaing "not works auto". We are getting nowhere, try manual and report results :)
I have the same issue as scooter.
How do we set file permissions and run those commands?

Thank you.

Return to “BluRay Players”