Firmware Roll Back on UE40B7000WW?

Here is information about customize your B series firmware..:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER questions or problems but DEVELOPER.

esseerre

Firmware Roll Back on UE40B7000WW?

Post by esseerre »

---- FFB -----
N.B If you have TV with unsupported firmware (don't listed above, e.g. T-CHL7DAUC, T-CHL7DCNC,T-CHU7DAUC or other) and you need FFB for downgrade, please contact me.
----------------
Hello,
first of all I would congratulate with you for your great great competence on samsung tv.
I'm writing you because I have a strange firmware configuration in my tv-set.
I am owner of a UE40B7000WW for european market and configured for Italy (MHP should be present). In the past I tried to upgrade the firmware via USB several time without success. Here below was what I red in the service menu:

T-CHELEU-1017
T-CHU7DMHPC-009.0
T-CHL7DEUS-0029

Following with FFB i tried the firmare roll back with T-CHE7DEUC 2004 (for UE40B7000WW) but FFB returned in the log "wrong firmware" or something like this.
I successfully did the rollback with T-CHL7DEUC (for LCD model B75x ???) but I lost the MHP.

Now the service menu reports:
T-CHELEU-1017
T-CHL7DEUC-2005.0
T-CHL7DEUS-0029

It seems to be an Hybrid mixed firmware configuration...
Have you got any suggestion for recover the right firmware on my TV set (UE40B7000 >> T-CHE7DEUC)?
.. or other issues ...

Many many thank in advance.
All the best,
Silvio
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Firmware Roll Back on UE40B7000WW?

Post by juusso »

Hi,

the chance exists - your original firmware is still on TV - as alternative firmware.

Please use Dump maker lite and do full backup of tv. Then upload it somewhere to let me inspect it.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
esseerre

Post by esseerre »

Many thanks juusso, I appreciate so much you answer.
I uploaded the dump files at google drive. (the dump took 4 hours). The link is hereunder.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Original (from service menu):
T-CHELEU-1017
T-CHU7DMHPC-009.0
T-CHL7DEUS-0029
With this original firmware none upgrade was recognised by main TV menu..

I tried FFB, but with 40B7000 fw it said wrong firmware; I had success with 40B750 (T-CHL7DEUC), see picture IMG_1324. It worked pretty good but no MHP and no WiFi dongle recognised (original from Samsung)

At last I manually flashed firmware T-CHU7DEUC, following "DANGEROUS WAY" =>
https://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php?title= ... ry_Manager

Now is working good but MHP doesn't still working and WiFi dongle is not recognised.
(see picture IMG_1325).
Other pictures shown the Chelsea board of the TVset.

My dream is to come back the TVset as an original ue40b7000.

Thank you in advance,
Silvio. :) 8-)
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

It`s a weird story i must say. You did jumbo mess with firmwares on your TV...
I`ve inspected your dumps and i`ve found T-CHU7DEUC-2009 on the one and T-CHU7DEUC-3000.G on the another partition.
You just told you`ve flashed TV twice, this means, you have overwritten your original T-CHU7DMHPC firmware and it is lost from TV forever.

Back cover tells your TV is for Asia market, but mainboard hovever tells it has EU firmware inside. Where did you get that TV :D

I`m not sure if MHP couldn`t be swithed on (by chosing Italy and change some settings in service menu - example), also i`m not sure will you get it back by flashing the T-CHU7DMHPC-1001 or not... At least worth to try.

Briefly how it should look like:
1. restore u-boot in case of firmware flash failure.
2. Use T-CHU7DMHPC-1001.01 (exe.img and appdata.img are not encrypted in firmware upgrade file)
3. flash firmware partitions manually
4. update version.x file with required string (SWU_T-CHU7DMHPC_001001_I02_ES000DS000_091130)

1 step is mandatory - your provided dumps show me, your important partitions (bml2 and bml4) are empty - vanished by samsung. So you have to restore it first. Now i`m comparing files i have on my pc against your provided dumps trying to understand what files are needed for this.
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

esseerre

Post by esseerre »

Thanks a lot juusso.
Your answer is very complete and now it is enought clear as I have to proceed.
I bought the TV on ebay .... long time ago ^_?.
Just a couple of issues for flashing bml2 and bml4:
1. could you upload on my google drive (or wherever you want) the necessary files? I didn't find them at http://rapidshare.com/files/433929404/b ... kernel.rar
2. for restoring, should I use the tool bml.restore?
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

yes, you have to use bml.restore commands to restore /dev/bml0/2 and /dev/bml0/4.

Enable rs232-debug and watchdog off in service menu first.
Place files on USB, attach to TV and connect via telnet. If usb is recognised as sda1, then commands:

Code: Select all

bml.restore /dev/bml0/2 /dtv/usb/sda1/[T-CHU7DEUC]-u-boot.bin
sync
bml.restore /dev/bml0/4 /dtv/usb/sda1/[T-CHU7DEUC]-fnw.bin
sync
You do not need reflash Image, because your kernel is already console-enabled.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

esseerre

Post by esseerre »

Thanks juusso for your guide.
Today I reached the Nirvana. :mrgreen:
I restored all partition and now the TVset works well, including MHP (for Italian market).
I have a last issue regarding the Wifi Dongle. (the pictures are attacched).
It is not recognised from TV. In the TV main menu > network it is possible select only "cable".
Previously, in the "Service Menu" I selected wireless network support.
Should I install any driver? If yes, how and where could I find them?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

i have no idea why this wifi dongle does not work. You have to investigate issue.
-Check modules loaded with lsmod.
-Check dmesg|tail after you connect dongle to TV
-connect exlink cable and check debug log from the moment you attach wis12abgnx to tv.

Maybe you need extra modules to be loaded, maybe not. It`s difficult to say from here... :)

Return to “[B] Firmware”