[How-To] Roll back LExxB5xx, LExxB62x, UExxB6xxx

Here is information about customize your B series firmware..:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER questions or problems but DEVELOPER.

asper

Re: [How-To] Roll back LExxB5xx, LExxB62x, UExxB6xxx

Post by asper »

Hi guys, I would like to thank you all for that forum and tell you my experience with my B serie LE32B550.

1st of all I wrongly tryed to enable movie playback using model UE32B7000 and obviously I bricked it... I recovered it using the "remove internal flat cable" method and then changing it to LE32B650 to have movie playback. The procedure I followed to succesfully unbrick and set the B650 model is this:

-1- Disconnect the power cable
-2- (if you use a CI+ PMCIA card)remove the CI+ module
-3- Remove all the screws form the back-end (they are 12)
-4- Remove the flat cable on the mainbord (see image below - the cable is on the right - if you cannot see it here in the forum save the image and open it with your preferred pics viewer - to unplug it simply press the lateral small plastic wings and pull it backwards):
-5- Plugin the powercable (TV is now on standby)
-6- Insert the code for getting into the service menu (info+menu+mute+power)
-7- the tv starts and the service menu shows up (you cannot see it)
-8- Now carefully connect the the lcd flat cable back to the main board (be very careful, the tv is stil powered up!) and you will se the menu !
-9- Now, recover the model number (in my case LB550)
-10- now save by shutting tv down

(found it there: http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-led- ... 2-a-7.html)

My TV factory firmware is:

T-CHELEU-1017
T-CHL5DEUC-2010.1
T-CHL5DEUS-1007
Factoty Data Ver: 612
Date of purchase: 7/6/2010

I never updated it (I think it is the latest firmware version).
Now I would like to re-activate the Content Library menu and I want to ask you "gurus" if reverting back firmware using this thread "technique" will re-enable the Content Library... I read MANY threads of this forum but I did not read any clear answer to this question:

Has LE32B550 a Content Library ? Is this Content Library only present in older firmwares of is it totally absent from that TV model independat from firmware version ?

I would not like to start this risky procedure and discover that no Content Library is possible for that tv...

The last question is: if Content Library was NEVER present in that TV model, is it technically impossible to have it reprogramming the firmware ?

Sorry if answers are spread-written in the forums, I really spent lot of time reading many thread since yesterday without having a clear answer... thank you very very much for your support !
Last edited by asper on Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Hi, thanks for sharing! I believe this info saves nerves for someone.

About your questions:
B550 does NOT have Content Library neither on recent nor on previous firmwares. You have to replace mainboard from B650 to get this functionality. Yes, this is possible, but you will have only 50 Hz instead of 100Hz (is this important? its up to you).

We had several tries to add the ContentLibrary in software way, but failed.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
asper

Post by asper »

Thank you for your extremely quick answer !

I am very happy to share info like those !

No, 50vs100Hz is not a problem for me ;)

Reading your answer I can assume that with my model (B550) it is impossible to run those: http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/The_B_ ... tions_list .... Right ?

If it is impossible, is there a way/store to buy a B650 board-only ? How much does it costs ?
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Ask your local samsung service, or check e-bay, or you can also buy from here: http://euroservice2000.abc24.pl/default ... pro=649188 (i don`t know if this mainboard is proper for you, it is one of available B650 mainboards (non CI+!), but i think it should 99% be ok for you).
Before to buy another mainboard, read this wiki page. Info there is unfinished, but you could contact the author twisted89 for detail consultations.

Another problem as you see could be is back panel - it won`t fit from B550 and you have to change it as well or make some modifications of existing one.

EDIT: read this topic.
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

asper

Post by asper »

Ok, thank you for the link !!!

The very last question: can you confirm that, actually, none of the various "Content Library Applications" can work on B550 TVs ?
Last edited by asper on Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Some of SDL-free apps will work (like Resizer) or extensions scripts (nfs, samba mounts over wifi network), but only if loaded from autostart (over SamyGO.sh script and gdb trick). Pls read around here before to make decision.

If you can russian, here is some summary what could be done with b550/6000

asper

Post by asper »

To use them I need to roll-back/patch the firmware, right ?

If so I think I will stay with Movie option enabled ;) (I will only need PVR functionality but I can live without it!)

Thank you really really really much for your politeness !

If you need you can post the "remove flat cable" technique into the wiki.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Here is no PVR for this model (i havent checked what about one from ExLink cable, but no games like SamyGO App, or SamyGO PVR, or PVR+).

Yes, remove-cable methodic was known by me, but it was not documented anywhere yet. Now it is. :)

asper

Post by asper »

Maybe this chart can be helpful to identify Content Library capabilities:
I think that without "Samsung Apps" you cannot have Content Library, Am I right ?
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Please don`t flood this thread. Better start another thread for your local problem/suggestions and so on. Your chart is for 2010 models (C series), your TV is B series (2009 y.).

Return to “[B] Firmware”