[How-To] Roll back LExxB5xx, LExxB62x, UExxB6xxx

Here is information about customize your B series firmware..:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER questions or problems but DEVELOPER.

asper

Re: [How-To] Roll back LExxB5xx, LExxB62x, UExxB6xxx

Post by asper »

Ok, sorry, I think you are right; I just opened a new thread in "General" section there: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4268

In any case I am available to deeply test any firmware mod/hack for my B550 model (for example trying to add Content Library !), if you need testers feel free to ask ! :)
samylove

Post by samylove »

Hi.

I have a UE32B6000 with the last official firmware from Samsung (named T-CHL5DEUC-2010.1_Step2). I don't know if I understand this guide correctly, but can I downgrade my TV to a previous firmware?

Because I update my TV using Samsung's firmwares, using T-CHL5DEUC_2009.0_Step1 first and after that T-CHL5DEUC_2010.1_Step2, but I didn't install any alternative firmware.

I don't want any alternative firmware or samygo, but I'm interested in downgrade my TV because I changed some values (without knowing what I'm doing) from service menu and now my TV sound is horrible (like metalic), and I read that if I change the firmware the values are reset and the sound problem dissapears.

So, can I downgrade my TV as this guide says at step 1?

Thanks!!
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

samylove
1. your 2009.0_step1 is your alternative firmware right on tv and yes, you can downgrade
2. This DOES NOT reset service menu values.
ZeroZorro wrote:Question.

When performing Step2 it sees the 2010 firmware, i Cancel, remove USB-stick and erase, then put the other 2010 on the USB-stick.
Then i insert it in TV again but it says: No file available to upgrade

Any tips?

Situation: TV PS550B50, firmware 2009.0 Step 1, NO alternative firmware (greyed out)
For your problem i started separate topic in support subforum.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
gzhytar

Post by gzhytar »

Folks,

the link to package with files is broken now (probably got deleted from rapidshare). Can someone provide an alternative link / upload stuff to some other server?

thank you in advance!
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Here you are:
http://db.tt/oFWWbcqp
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Hi everyone! So, I have a UE40B6000VWXXH device with T-CHL5DEUC-2008.0 firmware, this is simple CI model. I successfully updated firmware to juuso's T-CHL5DEUC-2008.0-v0.24-GMT2-ArFIX2-ADFIX-fwver-net-auto but still no Content Library. The wiki for enabling wiselink movie is for CI+ models, for CI device I do have to "change the model number to B650 in the service menu"? Is there a description for this? (I found nothing in forum).
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

None promised you get content library.
yes, you have to change model to B650.
info-menu-mute-power
<down>
control
<enter>
model
<enter>
<right>--->b650
power off

hoppy

Post by hoppy »

I did not wanted to blame you, juuso, I am really grateful for your help. Anyway, I cannot find 'Model' option under the 'Control' menu. There is a 'Model' under 'Option' with numbers like 'LB650' - but I don't want to mess with them. There are also things like 'Wiselink movie' under 'Sub Option' set to 'off'.
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Just to make it clear, this topic says someone bricked his set by setting the 'Option/Model' to LB650. I want to do it right, but I do not have 'Control/Model'. Any advice?
eriks

Post by eriks »

Men, I must say..... A big thank you to the author of this article. I was one of the unlucky ones that flashed new firmware without giving it any thought. Thinking newer is always better.... Not.... When I found out I could do more with my TV, but couldn't because I was on newest firmware I was disappointed. But when I found this article I was happy again. Carefully executed all the steps, and it worked like a charm I'm now back on T-CHL5DEUC.2008 with all benefits. Thanks agfain....

Return to “[B] Firmware”