enabling video support on LE40B620 CI+

Here is information about customize your B series firmware..:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER questions or problems but DEVELOPER.

juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: enabling video support on LE40B620 CI+

Post by juusso »

Might for this you do not need downgrade!
Check wiki

I do not know if you need to do anything on ExLink...
But you could try to enable movie player over ServiceMenu:
* Enter Service Menu
* Enter 'Control'
* Enter 'Sub Option'
* Turn on WISELINK WRITE and HIGH DEVI
* Change Option "Wiselink WithOut DB" to "Wiselink With DB" (This will increase stability and makes TV remember last playing point of the movie file.)

Now you are done. Restart your TV now and you will have the Movie Option enabled under MediaPlay.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
megal0d0n

Post by megal0d0n »

The way trough ServiceMenu is secure?
I'd prefer flashing a patched FW to enable wiselink - is that even possible on CI+ ? Cause wiki says "If you have B5xx or B6xxx CI+ device..." Mine is B6xx - is that a mistake?
I've learned that playing in ServiceMenu with CI+ is not the same as is with CI devices.

Additionally, your wiki link says below, "You are done with the serial console." Following is descibed what you posted above.
So, are the console steps not necessary?
LE40B620 CI+ (2008) USB video playback enabled
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

In your case flash patched firmware = 100% brick :)
So it is up to you - try set wiselink on over Service menu or stay as is. ExLink is helpless because it is restricted by latest firmware.
You do not have any choice - just try ServiceMenu trick. If you get wiselink not greyed out - exlink is not necessary at all. But if you find it greyed out - nothing to be done.

Here is one very dangerous and 50/50 chance to get bricked TV way, but chance to brick is to high and i keep this way for my self ...
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

megal0d0n

Post by megal0d0n »

juuso wrote:ExLink is helpless because it is restricted by latest firmware.
What firmware do you mean exactly? Mine is not the latest, that'd be 2009 or 2010.
I thought with mine (2008) it's still possible to use ExLink, at least to rollback FW to 2007 or earlier.
Assuming I enter ServiceMenu, don't change anything else but wiselink (if available)
- is there still any risk if I restart TV or should I additionally enable debug/disable watchdog. Sorry for these questions but I like to avoid any risk.
Thank you for your support :)
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

megal0d0n wrote: What firmware do you mean exactly? Mine is not the latest, that'd be 2009 or 2010.
Whoops... Sure, then you could make ExLink to be 100% sure :)
- is there still any risk if I restart TV
Playing with service menu is always risky game... But if you strongly follow instructions - you shouldn`t damage your TV.
or should I additionally enable debug/disable watchdog
Of course, do not restart TV without changing those settings.

megal0d0n

Post by megal0d0n »

Alright, so you advise to look into ServiceMenu and in case wiselink is greyed out the only way to enable USB video is ExLink at first?
juuso wrote:In your case flash patched firmware = 100% brick
- why is that? I thougt patched FW would at least give me ARfix...
I will have a look into SM and post again.
megal0d0n

Post by megal0d0n »

After visiting ServiceMenu, this is what I did:
- RS232 -> debug
- disabled watchdog
- WiseLink write -> enable
- I left other options like High Devi or Wiselink WithOut DB untouched since they relate to option WiseLink Movie, which is unfortunately greyed out. As I supposed :cry:
So I think I'll have to solder myself an ExLink cable and follow instructions in wiki (http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php?title=E ... es_Devices).

Maybe another option would be to downgrade my Firmware that might not have Movie option greyed out......I read that 2003 FW did not grey this out.
What do you think??

PS: again my fear: the above wiki link says B550 and B6000 Series Devices. So what about mine (B620)?
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Yes, try downgrade to 2003 and check wiselink movie in SM. If you get it greyed too, solder or buy ExLink cable. Do not worry, manual is written for B550/6000, but i`m sure, it works for you too.

megal0d0n

Post by megal0d0n »

Ok then, I'll give ExLink a try. I guess my changes in SM were necessary to write on console sucessfully?
Unfotunately, I can not find FW 2003 for CI+ devices. Do you know a source?
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

megal0d0n wrote:Ok then, I'll give ExLink a try. I guess my changes in SM were necessary to write on console sucessfully?
i did not understand you... you need change settings over exlink to have media player movies enabled. Yes, your only way to have console -exlink. But some memory patching is required to disable symbol filtration. Why do you need console?
Unfotunately, I can not find FW 2003 for CI+ devices. Do you know a source?
I think it is enought to have 2007...

(what is your exact firmware? T-CHL5CIPDEUC?)

Return to “[B] Firmware”