Run a script on B652 with fw 1004.1

Here is information about customize your B series firmware..:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER questions or problems but DEVELOPER.

nameh

Run a script on B652 with fw 1004.1

Post by nameh »

Dear all,

I am completely lost although I read the wiki and the forum.

Let me explain what I would like to do. I have a NAS (WD MyBook) which I have connected to TV via router. I can play files over DLNA, however without the pause/play rw/fw functions. If I want such features I have to enable telnet, connect with Putty start cifs and mount the NAS on USB flash. After this I am able to play any files from NAS as if they would be played from USB Flash disc. This lets me use "advanced" functions (play/pause, fw/rw).
The problem is I have to "play" telnet enabler from Content library, run Putty on computer, type each time the same things again and again...

I came to three possibilities:
1) Make a script which would be run from the TV. The script would contain "insmod phrase" and the "mount phrase". This script would be stored in some TV directory. After running telnet enabler from Content Library, all I would need to do is run the script from Putty. At least this would save a lot of pain as I would not need to type the same all over again. I tried this solution but I cannot run the script ("-sh: ./: Permission denied")
2) make a "game" which would run the script, thus I would not need to run run telnet enabler, putty, etc. I do not know how to do this (and if it is possible).
3) change firmware to some Samygo firmware. I have read a lot but I do not know if I need to downgrade/upgrade my firmware or not. And if to which version. The problem is, I did not find my firmware on the list.

What would you do? What should I do? I do not know much about linux and hacking.

Thanks

The script I made is:

#!/bin/sh
insmod /dtv/usb/sda1/samygo/cifs.ko
mount -o user=admin,password=xxx -t cifs //IP/public /dtv/usb/sda1/files

after I copied the script, I ran chmod 775 t.sh

Return to “[B] Firmware”