[Firmware][MOD] Change timezone: correct time+EPG!

Here is information about customize your B series firmware..:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER questions or problems but DEVELOPER.

geo650
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: [Firmware][MOD] Change timezone: correct time+EPG!

Post by geo650 »

Information for B-series TV users with T-CHL7DEUC 2005.0 firmware only:

With help of juuso I have prepared new geoPATCHER (firmware patcher) that includes this timezone patch. Now you can upgrade your TV easily with this automated patching script. All you need is an original firmware file (T-CHL7DEUC.exe) and a pendrive.

Here is geoPATCHER 1.05 package:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/samygo/ ... p/download
Before upgrading, please read included documentation! geoPATCHER can be run under Linux or Windows.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Thanks geo650! The time on EPG problem is actual in these days. I had to change my timezone today again :)
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
steve-austin

Re: [Solved] Patch GMT offset, change timezone: time+EPG

Post by steve-austin »

Same thing here with "winter time" change.
55B650 and 37B650 with patched firmware
superb1

Post by superb1 »

Sorry to bring an old thread back but i need help with C-Series T-VALDEUC
juuso wrote:
Attention for CI+ owners. Tester needed!
We have CI+ firmware patched. Theoretically patch should work, all addresses to patch are well known, but practically we do not have any tester because of potential danger to brick TV. Here is no u-boot access on CI+ models and if exeDSP stops to work, here is still console access available and TV is easy to repair over ExLink. During the patch testing time here was only one from a lot of tests where exeDSP stopped - just at the beginning of work. Later, the worst accident - TV hanged after entering to TimeZone menu, but TDM to patch console input and to restore TV was available.
I do not know is here anyone who is ready to test GMT patched firmware (with very big chance to success, because you`ll run RSA dissabler, upgrade firmware over TV`s menu like other patched firmwares), please contact me PM.
I have an ex-link cable
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Its not for C series... But the question is, is the patch really needed? I thought if you set time to manual, you are able to add time zone corrections. Am I wrong?
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

superb1

Post by superb1 »

Hi juuso, patch needed? ideally yes. If time is set to manual clock is correct but epg is wrong.

I have read this topic and see in early stages that before nice patch was made their was a basic fix to this problem without using menu, could u help me with this please or give me some ideas.

i am disassembling exeDSP and looking for function for GMT
alderick

Post by alderick »

Huge thanks to everyone here, I just flash a moded firmware with geoPATCHER 1.05, and I finaly have good clock on EPG on every network (yes, i don't have same clock on every tv network, dont know why...)
Now, everything works like a charm.
And thanks again juusso who help me to downgrade the firmware : )
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Moreover. You can have your own EPG always fullfilled on TV boot ;) Just need read around ;)

alderick

Post by alderick »

Hello, I found two threads about it, but, I didn't understood :D
Anyway it's not a problem, the clock was a pain in the ass, cause I use my TV as a alarm clock, but since all network doesn't use the same way to broadcast clock, the alarm was good only when I poweroff TV on good network, on the other case the alarm was 1 hour to soon xD
I don't know if you understand what I mean, I noob at english, but with the MOD everything is OK now, thanks again!

Return to “[B] Firmware”