UN46B8500 Firmware question

Here is information about customize your B series firmware..:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER questions or problems but DEVELOPER.

antidot

UN46B8500 Firmware question

Post by antidot »

Hi guys,

I have an early UN46B8500 model Samsung TV, and I'm looking for a SamyGO firmware for it. I've been looking everywhere, can't find anything. The TV set has amazing picture quality but it's lacking functionality modern TVs have. I have a DLNA server and most of my videos are in .flv format. This TV can't play them back natively through DLNA connection, only DiVX.

Can somebody compile a firmware file for this TV please?

Thanks a miilion
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: UN46B8500 Firmware question

Post by juusso »

hi,

as always: your firmware name and number first.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
antidot

Post by antidot »

Thank you very much for showing interest in my request. I am new to this TV "hacking" thing, where would I find the firmware name and number information? When I go into the TV menu, it says I have 2010/05/26_001010 version installed. Do I have to extract this firmware into a file and send it off to you?

Is there any additional information needed? If yes, just give me a short walk through as to where and how, please.

Thanks
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

No need to extract. Just name and version... e.g. T-CHE9AUSC-1008.1
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

antidot

Post by antidot »

I think I've found it. The code was listed under "Contact Samsung" sub-menu. So, here it is: T-CHE9AUSC-1010.1

I hope this it. Anxiously awaiting your help.

Thank you
antidot

Post by antidot »

Anyone? Please.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Iirc current samygo.py script does not shpport this firmware, but tell me why haven`t you tried the SamyGO All Extensions for B series yet? Check download area, prepare extensions, switch required scripts on and run it from content library...

Dont wait for answers, do your own research and i believe you will find most answers to your questions Image

Topics to start read:
http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/The_B_Series_Wiki
http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/Conten ... tions_list
http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/SamyGO_Extensions_Pack

And especially this one: What you have to do before ask 1000 times answered questions

antidot

Post by antidot »

I thought there was a ready made firmware, that somebody developed, so I won't have to reinvent the wheel. Shortly after I started this thread I cam across this : viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4223 and it gave me hope that I wasn't the only one looking for this, and that someone may have a firmware already I'm looking for.

I'm not Linux guru, to start compiling stuff or whatever is needed. That's why I asked for help.

Thank you for your understanding.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

You don`t need firmware, just call SamyGO manually. No risk to brick.

antidot

Post by antidot »

Yes, after following the links you have posted I realized there are extensions that could be called from a USB stick or something. I can live with that, although loading certain extension during boot time would be ideal. I come from a PC world, and would like to know if it's somehow possible to modify the firmware to call a certain batch or config file?

By modifying that batch or config file you could specify which extensions you want the system to load from a USB stick

1) Is it possible to modify the firmware do the thing mentioned above?
2) How do you call SamyGo manually?

Thanks a million

Return to “[B] Firmware”