UN46B8500 Firmware question

Here is information about customize your B series firmware..:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER questions or problems but DEVELOPER.

antidot

Re: UN46B8500 Firmware question

Post by antidot »

You guys are gurus at this, I'm still trying to piece together the puzzle as to what I need to do. I thought I needed firmware 1008 to be able to use the extensions and all the goodies... Seems like the widget workaround will give me the proper functionality with the newer 1009 and 1010 firmware, right?

So the 1008 is not really needed in that case ? Will the widget workaround give me all the functionality or capability to modify/run extensions on 1009/1010 just like on 1008?
antidot

Post by antidot »

juuso wrote:If you really need 1008 (for what?), i have dump of this firmware, you can flash it (modified as well) to tv via telnet.
Wouldn't it be more straightforward to just get this patched 1008 firmware from you, instead of running widgets, installing dump programs etc.?
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

How do you plan to feed that firmware to tv?
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
antidot

Post by antidot »

You tell me :-) USB, network, telnet, whatever. I can do it if I have instructions to follow...
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

1. To flash modified firmware you need telnet enabler, which is the app (like dump maker or samygo extensions as well). Copying unsigned apps to TV or run them from USB is prohibited on your firmware (both, current 1010 and alternative, 1009).
2. We don`t know how to sign apps for B series. In forum mentioned tricks does not work anymore (nurisam.com etc).
3. To enable telnet, we anyway have to copy app, called telnet enabler to TV OR flash modified firmware via USB.
4. You can`t flash firmware via USB because TV does not accept it. So we still need to copy our apps to TV. But TV is almost closed from inside.
5. Here we have Internet@TV and widget, which is specially made, has required apps inside. You have to install widget, run it and apps (telnet enabler, dump maker etc) will be copied despite any limitations.
6. Now you can run telnet enabler, you can have access via telnet, you can have root. Now you can flash modified partitions and have SamyGO autostart.

maybe it is enough to modify your current firmware (for this dumps are required), or you can flash modified 1008 firmware (=downgrade as well). It is up to you.
antidot wrote:I can do it if I have instructions to follow...
you have instructions. But i see, you don`t read.
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

antidot

Post by antidot »

Thank you for your response. I understand what you're saying 100%. I do read, spent 2 days on searching / reading. It's not that easy to put the puzzle together, there are so many options / variants. This firmware works, the other doesn't, this works with that, but that doesn't wok with this etc.

Anyhow, I have clearer picture in my head as to what is needed to get this box of led lights work and do things I want.

I'm going to try the widget thing tonight (if I get time) and post back the results. Hopefully it will work, fingers crossed.

Thanks for your help and patience with me.
antidot

Post by antidot »

My @#$%^ box of led lights doesn't want to cooperate with me. I tried changing the DNS server IP, it went there downloaded something in the background, installed something, started initialiazing and said can't connect because of network error and allowed me to go to into the Internet TV Manager (or something, can't remember).

At that point I had no choice but to reboot, went into Internet TV, same thing, Connection problem _> Internet TV Manager.

So I changed the DNS IP to a proper one -> rebooted-> went into Internet TV, no problem. It downloaded, initialized, installed or whatever, but at the end of the day there was NO SamyGO stuff in there. To make things worse, when I go into the widget manager, the remote stops working. Even the the touch button on the TV stops working. I ended up pulling the plug, to shut it down.

I did the PNP "reset" , didn't help.

My last chance is to "setup develop account" as per : viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1889 but I have NO clue how to do that. Can you give me some direction, please?

Thanks
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Power off tv
Unplug ethernet cable
Power on tv
Go to internet@tv. Wait until you get access to setup manager
Delete widget
Power off tv
Connect ethernet cable and boot tv normally.
Now you should get everything working

antidot

Post by antidot »

Something funky is going on here. When I disconnect the network cable it still goes into the widget section, with a yellow triangle in each snippets corner indicating there's no connection. The second I go into the widget gallery and try to move up or down all controls freeze, I'm forced to pull the plug to shut the TV down.

Trying to figure out how to get into the widget manager directly. No idea so far...

How can I wipe out the whole widget thing and start fresh?
antidot

Post by antidot »

I only get to go into the widget setup screen when I change the DNS server IP address to 149.xxxxx There I have a reset button, which I hit, and reinstalled all the widgets through normal Internet connection thinking it would at least fix the dead remote control syndrome. It didn't. All the widgets/snippets came back, but the second I go into any one of them all control functions freeze.

I can't be pulling the plug from the wall outlet all the time it will screw up the power supply....

I'm lost....

Return to “[B] Firmware”