UN46B8500 Firmware question

Here is information about customize your B series firmware..:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER questions or problems but DEVELOPER.

juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: UN46B8500 Firmware question

Post by juusso »

Make break.

B series I@TV service is not supported by koreans anymore, status of our server depends from korean servers. It is buggy and seem they have changed something in the past what we haven`t noticed before. I checked on mine TV and figured out almost same things what you`re talking about. We need to check logs and get it working again. This require time...

(pls send me PM with your external IP you`re connecting from)
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
antidot

Post by antidot »

Oh man, I thought I was loosing it....PM sent.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Now you can try again. I made some fixes and at least for me it works now.
Procedure changed: you have to enter setup (only available option), navigate to developer (you don`t have to create any account nor enter any server`s IP) and click on Widget synchronization. Get back and run SamyGO Handyman widget.
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

antidot

Post by antidot »

So, I tried it again. This time the widget came up in the children section. No problem there. When I chose to "play" the dump program it came up with a WAIT... message on the TV screen and sat there forever. First time I waited 1 hr, the second time 2hrs, tried different USB stick, nada....

I ran the Telnet program, it came back within few seconds to the widget screen. I assume it worked, haven't tested its functionality, yet. The dump program freezes, I think. When running (for 2hrs) I try to shut down the TV, won't work. I have to pull the plug, again.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Check if you have telnet connection on 23 port after you run Telnet program. Screen black for sec is normal. Skip dump program for now.

antidot

Post by antidot »

Telnet worked. I used Putty to connect to port 23. No problem. Asked me for login, I typed "root". It said: -sh: id: not found but it let me in. I could list with "ls" and change directories. I used some UNIX commands I learned 15 years ago :)

What's next?
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Dump maker definitely freezed. Well, you have telnet and this is all what we need now.
  • Connect USB for dump files
  • Start telnet enabler
  • Connect to tv and execute this command (do copy-paste to avoid mistyping)

Code: Select all

sh +x /mtd_tlib/swf/CHILDREN/4.DumpMaker/dm.sh
  • Watch what`s going in terminal window. If error or console freezes, power off tv (or unplug from wall).
When finish, check for files on USB.

antidot

Post by antidot »

Dump successful! PM sent.

Waiting for next steps ;)

Thanks

Return to “[B] Firmware”