network enabled kernel for T-CHL5DAUC/T-CHL5DEUC(b550,b6000)

Here is information about customize your B series firmware..:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER questions or problems but DEVELOPER.

alexandregz

Re: network enabled kernel for T-CHL5DAUC/T-CHL5DEUC(b550,b6000)

Post by alexandregz »

thx merv07.
alexandregz

Post by alexandregz »

Ok, creating the boot.img with Windows (Win XP) the process is ok and works perfect, no permission problems 8-)
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Why you do not follow manual on this topic?
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

freesat wrote: 1-i follow this topic and also http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php?title=E ... es_Devices, using a ex-link self made cable, and tv sucessfull boot using "setenv bootargs root=139:6 console=ttyS1;usb start;fatload usb 0 61000000 /image/uImage;bootm", i see usb led activity after execute fatload, but how can i confirm if loaded kernel is realy network enabled one?
uImage is kernel. You`re loading custom kernel from USB with command in u-boot console above. How to test? Try connect USB dongle (from the list of accepted ones) and look at the console if it is being recognized by TV...
2-loading from usb will load full tv firmware or this procedure loads only kernel? if is only kernel, any way to load/test full firmware over usb using ex-link/fatload?
You can load custom kernel from USB and firmware from TV or you can bot kernel and firmware from USB only (but OE rootfs is needed).
In your case you`re booting kernel only.
3-can i write a T-CHL5DAUC/DEUC ON T-CHE5iBRC? test made loading from usb using fatload tv works fine, all functions, remote, digital TV
No, you can`t. Your tests are successful because you`re booting custom kernel from USB + T-CHE5iBRC firmware from TV`s memory. It is dangerous to flash european firmware to your model.
4-if i can?t write T-CHL5xxxx on T-CHE5ixxx , how can i modify original kernal to support network?
If you success booting TV from USB, then you can write this kernel to bml0/5 over your original kernel. You can`t modify your original, just compile new from sources or use attached one.

If you get TV ok in Step2, then follow further instructions. Your firmware has nothing to do with kernel or rootfs you have to flash/change, you do not need to change firmware (just only in case it is post-FEB).
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE

Return to “[B] Firmware”