UE32D5700 boot loop mistery...

General Forum for talking area for D series TVs.

alhyene

UE32D5700 boot loop mistery...

Post by alhyene »

Hello, 1st am new here and wish you happy hacking TV's or what ever...

Bad news, I think I've bricked my UE32D5700 RS XZF (update MST5DEUC_1027.0 - 24/06/2015)

I've try the code to go inside service menu (HOME / MENU / MUTE / POWER) with TV switched ON and saw a grey menu which not fit entire screen and by accident I touched the remote and screw up something I don't know...

Looking here a way to un-brick TV by erasing EEPROM (SDA + RESET in my case), still no luck. (not try SDA + VCC nor SDA + GND or with SCL)

Before doing this, LED blinks, TV boot up with Smart Tv logo, HDMI-2 appear upper left (last time selected) and boot loop, but after un-brick procedure LED blinks, Smart Tv logo, no HDMI-2 on screen then loop again. (~20s)
Then I think EEPROM is somewhat reseted.

I will try other combinations like SDA + VCC, SDA + GND, SCL + VCC and SCL + GND but don't know if it's worth the case.

May be by unsoldering the EEPROM and re-program it, but no HEX file apart may be in the update. (MST5DEUC_1027.0) ?
MICOM chip memory altered ? NAND flash ?

All suggestions are welcome !

Any chances for me apart getting a new mainboard, worst buying a new TV...

:( DON'T LET CHILDREN PLAY WITH THE REMOTE :)
alhyene

Re: UE32D5700 boot loop mistery...

Post by alhyene »

hi, all
No answers... No matter I'll continue my quest trying to make functioning UE32D5700... (and may be others !)

I've extracted the update(s) (T_MST5DEUC.1027.0.exe & T_MST5DEUC.1025.0.exe), decrypt them with the all-full samy's go pyPatcher script *WOW* and mounted them as squashfs.
There's lot of things inside update fs !!! Files 'Factory_Part1.dat' & 'Factory.Part2.dat', two others are 'SubMicomEU.bin' and 'SubMicomUS.bin' seems EU & US ((:)) for...
I got EEPROM and subMICOM files contents... But don't know well how to operates with, seems being EEPROM firmware split in two (Factory_Part1.dat' & 'Factory.Part2), and MICOM regional(US & UE for me)l, and what doing I with that ?

What could I try ? Some Help needed...

I will investigate again....

Return to “[D] General”