UE40D5500 Boot loop problem. Please help fix.

General Forum for talking area for D series TVs.

Mikelmas007

Re: UE40D5500 Boot loop problem. Please help fix.

Post by Mikelmas007 »

Also I'm an old school CRT TV repairman. :D I've always suggested to customers to replace mainboards when they were faulty on newer LED televisions, but now very interested in trying to flash memory chips. Have just joined forum, and saw on utube chap change the NAND chip. He had an app on his pc and somehow flashed the new blank chip he fitted. I'm very interested in this procedure, and as TV repair is my livelyhood, would like to learn how to do this with tizen based TVs as well, where do I begin? Sorry if I'm taking a liberty and posing this question here. :roll:
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Here we like to fry TVs but we don't have skill to change chips, that's why we change boards ;)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

Mikelmas007 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:56 pm I'm very interested in this procedure, and as TV repair is my livelyhood, would like to learn how to do this with tizen based TVs as well, where do I begin? Sorry if I'm taking a liberty and posing this question here. :roll:
There is NOTHING "tv specific" in the procedure. You simply:
1) unsolder the chip put to reader,
2) plug reader to pc
3) Dump nand (try few times and compare checksum)
4) Put new nand in reader
5) Write new nand with dump
6) solder new nand :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

7) change board because you burnt everything :mrgreen:
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
Mikelmas007

Post by Mikelmas007 »

Thanks sectroyer :D & zoelecat :lol:
.Thought the dumping was done in situ. Which reader do I need, and would it facilitate all brands of NAND?
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

Mikelmas007 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:02 am Thanks sectroyer :D & zoelecat :lol:
.Thought the dumping was done in situ. Which reader do I need, and would it facilitate all brands of NAND?
Don't know what "situ" is. Best is to take board to those "phone repair/data recovery shops" show them the board and ask. They usually have good experience with those. I think currently such readers cost around 300-500 euro but it varies :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
Mikelmas007

Post by Mikelmas007 »

Thanks sectroyer. Will shop around for reader. In situ = original position. :)
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

Mikelmas007 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:14 am In situ = original position. :)
Doesn't work anymore. Talk with "phone guys" :)

Return to “[D] General”