SamyGo for UE40D5700 possible?

General Forum for talking area for D series TVs.

juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: SamyGo for UE40D5700 possible?

Post by juusso »

Yes.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
Spoza

Post by Spoza »

Perhaps... there is soooo little information about the MStar models... :-(
The problem is that there is even no info WHY... is it because some thing CANNOT be done? or is it because not many people have these models, so there is not much chance to GET the info? or is it because the developers DON'T CARE about these models (e.g. mine is plasma and the wiki clearly states that they don't really care about plasmas)?

I would really like to contribute and provide the info (I have PS59D6900 T-MST5DEUC 1018), but I'm novice in LInux so I can't do much research myself.

BTW, just noticed that the SamyGO-All-Extensions package for MStar does not contain the cifs.ko and nfs.ko modules... but I don't know why... is is a bug? or is it due to some technical limitation? And is this the reason why samba does not work on my TV?
PS59D6900 T-MST5DEUC-1023.0
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Yes, here are not many users with Mstar and not many experienced testers who REALLY can help to develop for those TV`s...
SamyGO conception is that users share info for each other. So - install rooting widget from SamyGO server, research your TV`s and share the info here. We will help you as far we can do that (depends of how smart are you ;) )
No devels with Mstar TV (yet?).
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
Spoza

Post by Spoza »

Okay, cool.
I did install the widget (and deleted a number of russian widgets subsequently ;-) ) and I have ftp access now. That's pretty much about it, nothing more.
Now what should I "research"?
To know the directories and file structure of the firmware I don't really need the TV, I could easily unscramble and unpack the firmware file itself on Windows PC using the latest firmware patcher... and explore the contents of the squashfs just by using FAR Manager...
Spoza

Post by Spoza »

No, it's not.
Nor playing TS files, nor disabling PVR DRM is possible on Mstar models.

Problem is that any info on WHY is it not possible is missing, thus I don't know how can I be helpful :-(

Return to “[D] General”