Firmware source code.

Here is information about customize your D series firmware..:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER questions or problems but DEVELOPER.

arris69
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Firmware source code.

Post by arris69 »

zibri2 wrote:...and SDL compile too.
sdl from samsungs sources? all options for genoap enabled?

thnx
arris
arris69

Post by arris69 »

zibri2 wrote:...they MUST release u-boot too and the instructions on how to install the compiled stuff on the TV.
await with interest on samsung's silly excuse why it is not allowed :lol:

arris
arris69

Post by arris69 »

zibri2 wrote:..
I tried to analyze "onboot" but there seems not to be any key to press to switch.
I wonder: who loads onboot or u-boot ? Where is it? Analyzing THAT should give us the key to press to switch.
i think onboot is the first stage loader but question is does it looks at bml0/2 for uboot or it just (bml0/5?) loads the kernel (and if it loads u-boot what security checks are done).

arris
Last edited by arris69 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: typo at kernel partition
sbav1

Post by sbav1 »

zibri2 wrote: I think we will just need to flash there u-boot and then perhaps there will be a choice at boot time.
Not likely. It seems they ditched uboot completely with C-Series: http://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=998.
However, there are secondary kernel/rootfs partitions in C/D Series (?); it should be somehow possible to select 1st or 2nd one on boot time.
sbav1

Post by sbav1 »

zibri2 wrote: Note:
in HOW_TO_INSTALL.txt there's only written how to create a squashfs image.
There is no mention on how to install it on the TV :)
I then wrote another email... don't worry.. I'm very resilent... they WILL COMPLY (in star trek's borg voice) :)
Good luck with that :). I'm afraid GPL/LGPL v2 is simply not precise enough on "installation" topic :(
arris69

Post by arris69 »

zibri2 wrote:...
EditIt seems that fnw.bin loads u-boot OR onboot.bin, but on 46D7000 also bml/4 is empty
i think fnw is handle bbm rescue system for flashing partitions and not to boot them.
(if its similar to b-series)

and also on b-series latest firmware (exeDSP) deletes u-boot and tv works normal. so maybe if an uboot is on the partition it will be executed elsewhere some other boot mechanism will handle the start seqence .

arris

Return to “[D] Firmware”