Samsung PVR Content Decrypting tool - final

Here is information about customize your D series firmware..:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER questions or problems but DEVELOPER.

Joe999

Re: Samsung PVR Content Decrypting tool - final

Post by Joe999 »

@walgula:

Just install the SamyGo extensions as mentioned in the other thread using the develop account.

Then you will find in your apps many new user apps incl. SamyGo. Start SamyGo!

After SamyGo is started DRM will have been removed and among many other features ftp access will be possible. Use an ftp tool (e.g. coreftplite etc.) to copy the unzipped PWR_SWITCHER folder to the Samsung directory which contains the SamyGo and the other new user apps.

Turn off/on the TV set.

Now under smart hub you should also find the new app. PWR_SWITCHER just besides SamyGO. If you start this app. the DRM is switched on or off (toggling, when you start it more then once) and a message confirming the DRM state is displayed on your Samsung.

Next thing will be using DRMDECYPRT and DRMGET, that?s what I will try after getting home tomorrow.

Joe
UE32D6500 T-GASDEUC_1016.0
bacardi

Post by bacardi »

Hi!

You guys are awsome!
After I read about DRMdecrypt, I rooted my UE40C6800 yesterday and installed the SamyGO extensions today, grabed the key of a scrambled recording, decrypted it on my PC and played it with VLC - works like a dream.
Thanx a million.
Only sad part is that due to previously being unable to conserve older recordings unencrypted, I deleted wonderfull HD-recordings after watching them - lost and gone, but hey - some day, there's probably a rerun and now I'm prepared....
Again - thanks,
Kai
bacardi

Post by bacardi »

Hi!

As you can derive from my last post, I was able to manually get a key from the TV and decrypt a sfr-recording on my PC. Now, I'd like to install PVR_Switcher as such, so new recordings don't get encrypted at all, but I have to admitt that I don't know how to do this, i.e. Install applications at all.

In you post, you state:

>Just install the SamyGo extensions as mentioned in the other thread using the develop account.

did that.

>Then you will find in your apps many new user apps incl. SamyGo. Start SamyGo!

I suppose that is meant for the Smart Hub in a D-Series? I don't see any Applications in my C-Series (C6800 - I suppose I'd have to look ni Internet@TV?)).
I understood that SamyGo was started by the SamyGO/rcSGO-script on my USB-stick (hence the ssh access), or am I wrong?
Are SamyGo and the SamyGo-Extensions different things?
If so, where would I find SamyGo and how would I start it on the C6800?
And again - how would I install the PVR_switcher?

>After SamyGo is started DRM will have been removed
Well I just started another recording and although teh SamyGo Extensions are strated (ssh and ftp work), the recording is still encrypted, so I guess SamyGO and SamyGo-Extensions are two different things and SamyGO is not yet started?

I found the description of how to install widgets via a PC-http-Server, but the widgetlist.xml here has a <download> tag pointing to a zip-file, so I assume, I can't simply copy and adjust it for PVR_SWitch.

ad<thanks>vance,
Kai
bacardi

Post by bacardi »

OK - I found samsung_pvr and put it on the usb-drive and it works - new recordings now hit the disc unencrypted.
Still I'd like to now, if there's a functional difference between samsung_pvr and PVR_Switcher.
Also, I'd still like to know the (correct) way to install and activate PVR_Switcher - with samsung_pvr it was pretty obvious having the init-script and an executable on board, but with the .so in PVR_Switcher it seems a completley different aproach.
Can somebody shed some light here?

ad<thanks>vance,
Kai
Sisternicky

Post by Sisternicky »

Ok...

I managed to root my tv :) (thanks to the nice 0000 Firmware for reverting xD).

My problem is, that drmget gives me a segfault. So I guess that I'd have to recompile it for my UE55C8790. Is there any Sourcecode avaivable? Thanks!

Well...

I'd even make a Windows GUI for the tool (actually, .NET, so it would also run under MONO in Linux...), but unfortunatly no joy for testing without a working drmget.
Denny
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by Denny »

MicoMaco wrote:Is it possible to decrypt srf files just on PC without executing any commands on TV?
No , coz the key is for each file different and it is stored inside of the processor during you short play the file before you can extract it by the tool posted here.

the decrypting of srf can be done on normal windows pc after you obtain the needed key.
Denny - 데니 - 丹尼 (card2000)
UE55C8000 UE55D8000 UE32D6510 BD-C9600 3xDM8000
Reversing HW Demux Drivers and API from Samsung´s TV
Spoza

Post by Spoza »

Denny, can you release the source code for drmget, so that someone can compile it for Mstar platform?
PS59D6900 T-MST5DEUC-1023.0
Aloyz

Post by Aloyz »

i'm also interested in drmget for mstar. But if the key is stored in RAM, the different platform means that it could be no so simple :/

BTW: Is there any way to switch drm off when tv starts to record from timer? Of course without starting smart hub, and make samy go as service?

Return to “[D] Firmware”