Samsung PVR Content Decrypting tool - final

Here is information about customize your D series firmware..:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER questions or problems but DEVELOPER.

Vento

Re: Samsung PVR Content Decrypting tool - final

Post by Vento »

Hi.
I have used the DRMdecrypt tool on my computer and it converts the .srf file onto .ts file. However when I trying to open the .ts file through Windows Media Player or through other media players, it doesn't open. After couple of the seconds of loading a video, the file directory stops to respond and screen freezes. Also I've tried to convert this file into different file format , however .ts file also doesn't load into the convert program, so I'm unable to convert it. I would be grateful for your help, because I spent a whole week to do it through different methods, but none of them seems to work. I would like to add, that all videos from my TV are recorded on the WD external hard drive from which I trying to convert the .srf file onto .ts file.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

From which TV series/model are you trying to decrypt recordings? :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
Vento

Post by Vento »

Samsung TV UE46ES8000.
Vento

Post by Vento »

Do I need to install the SamyGO on TV or can I use only the DRMdecrypt tool on the computer ? Sorry for a stupid question, but I'm lost with those things.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Yes, over D series root/SamyGO is mandatory to decrypt recordings. Then (once rooted), easiest way is to use SamyGO PVRDecoder.
Vento

Post by Vento »

Okay, thank you. Also I have another Samsung TV which is UE40C6530, so in this case I don't need to root TV. If I will record on this TV and then I will use DRMdecrypt on my computer, then it probably should work ?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

I don't know C series that much, but I guess so :)
Vento

Post by Vento »

Thank you very much for useful information. :)

Post by 102030 »

Hello,
It do not work on my Windows XP. Do Destroi need a sort of Framework?
Farseer

Post by Farseer »

102030 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:06 pm It do not work on my Windows XP. Do Destroi need a sort of Framework?
Sorry about necro-ing this thread, but Rapperskull's version of DRMDecrypt requires the installation of the Visual C++ Redistributable Package for Visual Studio 2013 but also has headers set which prohibit it running on Windows versions prior to Vista.

I have attached a modified version (32-bit only) with an altered header which will allow it to run under WinXP (note that you have to run it from a command line prompt) - it only has 2 bytes altered so those of a cautious/paranoid persuasion can check this using their favourite hex editor (I'd suggest the free HxD).

Unfortunately, while it appears to run on my system the resulting .ts file does not play under VLC. The recording was taken on a USB stick using someone else's TV which I do not have access to (and cannot recall the model name other than it being one of the curved screen models). Since the files the TV copied onto the stick included an .mdf file as well as the .srf file (and a few others beside) I thought it should be decryptable - is this something that depends on the TV model?

One thing I did notice was that the .ts file was slightly (20 bytes) larger than the .srf. Might this be significant?

Code: Select all

E:\Media\Wales Today>DRMDecrypt_Win32xp.exe 20171220182832.srf
===============================================================================
    SamyGO - Samsung LED TV PVR Recording Decrypt (w64)
   1119555584 bytes to decrypt
   1119555604 decrypted OK!
E:\Media\Wales Today>
Thanks in advance for any help offered.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “[D] Firmware”