TV D-Series Firmware Downgrade (SamyGO Proof of Concept)

Here is information about customize your D series firmware..:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER questions or problems but DEVELOPER.

Michal

Re: TV D-Series Firmware Downgrade (SamyGO Proof of Concept)

Post by Michal »

Eeprom is good. The eeprom stored TV setup information also works with an empty eeprom. Does the light flashes when switched on?
daviddrf

Post by daviddrf »

Michal wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:55 pm Eeprom is good. The eeprom stored TV setup information also works with an empty eeprom. Does the light flashes when switched on?
Yes, it flashes, now I am uploading a new video for a better understanding of the situation...
Michal

Post by Michal »

Is Backlight OK?
daviddrf

Post by daviddrf »

Michal wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:17 pm Is Backlight OK?
Sorry, the previous video I said is till uploading (23% in Youtube). What are you refering to, the bakclight LED system like this one?:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSVm07gfvR4

Thanks for your help.
daviddrf

Post by daviddrf »

Here is the video I said before: https://youtu.be/zG5mGcOtt_Q
As you can see the red LED light works properly when you power on and off the television too. The curious thing is when you unplug the power cord because before EEPROM's reset its performance was different than now (after EEPROM's reset). As you can see in the previous video I posted (https://youtu.be/T_-rTnz8Alk) when I unplugged the power cord the red LED light started to blink until it disappeared. Now it stays fixed (not blinks) after it disappears.
Michal wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:17 pm Is Backlight OK?
Assuming you are refering to backlight LED system I didn't check that because it always worked fine until I tried to downgrade the television. In addition the Ex-link cable seems to show a software problem with the booting partition, not a hardware problem I think...
Michal

Post by Michal »

I had such a bug on the UE40D5500 and it was a bad bin in the NAND flash.
daviddrf

Post by daviddrf »

Michal wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:19 pm I had such a bug on the UE40D5500 and it was a bad bin in the NAND flash.
Aha, that's what I think too. I think there's no problem with the backlight LED system, I think the problem is located in some "memory" of the mainboard television due a corrupt firmware or something like that after trying to downgrade the television. I could replace the mainboard but I would prefer to repair only that "memory". If this fails I can always replace the entire mainboard later...Isn't it? The question is where's located this memory and if it can be reprogrammed without buying another one or if it's necessary to replace it by another new reprogrammed memory. Did you solve the problem and in affirmative case how did you do?
Michal

Post by Michal »

I have a programmer for NAND flash. On your board, however, BGA is flash.
daviddrf

Post by daviddrf »

Michal wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:32 pm I have a programmer for NAND flash. On your board, however, BGA is flash.
Sorry but I didn't understand the last thing you said. Do you know where is located the "corrupt information" in my television's mainboard? Thanks in advance.

PD: in the page 37 of 89 of my television's service manual (https://elektrotanya.com/samsung_ue32d6 ... nload.html) appears the following picture:

Where's the fault located? Thank you again.
Michal

Post by Michal »

From the picture it's not good to see, I have to look at the schema

Return to “[D] Firmware”