EX-Link Cable don't work

This forum is for information related with D series hardware.

SatTel

EX-Link Cable don't work

Post by SatTel »

I have an ex-link cable built with VGA connector to the instructions in the wiki, for that I have used a CA-42, it unfortunately does not work on my UE46D6510. The debug mode is enabled and the cable I have checked several times, and the function of the cable is ok (bridge between rx and tx and tested with a terminal program) Can it be that my TV has a different pin assignment or is the service connector possibly the 3.5 stereo plug?
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: EX-Link Cable don't work

Post by juusso »

I can confirm for your tv model everything is ok according wiki. If you use vga-to-vga cable, remove it and connect your exlink directly to TV`s vga port.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
SatTel

Post by SatTel »

No, I don't use a vga - vga cable, i connected the cable directly. I once measured with a voltmeter to pin 4 of the Adapter (TX of the adapter) 3.5 V are applied, to pin 11 of the TV (TX of the TV) no Voltage ist on.
I thought that the TX is always a voltage is applied? If yes then the Pin 11 of the TV could not be the TX. I have also measured with an oscilloscope on the TX of the adapter to make absolutely sure that this is the right line. Now I do not know why the the terminal program don't get any output. Could it be that the Hospitality mode hack the serial interface disabled?
firtzbrau

Post by firtzbrau »

Stupid question , but did try to swap TX and RX lines ?
On the tv that have a VGA input the Ex link is wired to it . otherwise you should find a "service" jack socket
SatTel

Post by SatTel »

Yes, I have tried to swap RX and TX, but I testet the TX of the Adapter with an Oscilloscope and a Terminal Programm, then I have conneectet this line with pin 4 of the VGA Connector (RX of the TV). I'm an electrician, I can even make mistakes but I'm not a beginner ;)
The pin 12 of the TV have 5 Volts, could it not be that this is the TX pin of the TV? Because i don't understand why on pin 11 no Voltage is present.
firtzbrau

Post by firtzbrau »

ah right , sorry :D BTW i'm a technician in electronics and i keep on swapping TX and RX lines :-)
If my memory's correct there's no pull up resistor on RX pin.
So the problem is that you get no data from the TV ?
SatTel

Post by SatTel »

Yes, thats right, no data from TV is shown in the Terminal (putty), I have done everything as it was in the wiki for ex-link cable. No pull up resistor from RX means TX from the TV's point of view?
firtzbrau

Post by firtzbrau »

the pin 4 ( TX on the TV side ) has a pull up resistor to the 3.3v line , but the pin 11 does'nt. Anyway data is always present on pin 4 at startup. Maybe is it a level compatibility problem ?
SatTel

Post by SatTel »

Shame on me, the Problem was realy swapped TX and RX lines, I had tested several adapters and so I came a bit confused . I not only can make mistakes, I make them really. ;)
Now the Adapter works very well. Thanks a lot for Help :)
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Congrats :)
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE

Return to “[D] Hardware”