[SOLVED] Forced "toggle" to repair bricked TV?

This forum is for information related with D series hardware.

juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: [SOLVED] Forced "toggle" to repair bricked TV?

Post by juusso »

Some noticed logic of boot process and values in micom config:
For example, 2nd partition set is booted. Bytes in eeprom (while TV is in stand by): B0 77
Power on TV, byte at address 0x04 changes to CD. This happen about at same time when exeDSP starts. Values: B0 CD.

Powering off, address 0x04 changes back to 77 and equals to 2nd partition boot flag B0 77.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
dajojo

Post by dajojo »

dont spoil to much money on a i2c interface
http://www.gsm-forum.eu/radio-decoding/ ... rface.html
E3V3A

Post by E3V3A »

Yikes! Parallel port!? Who has a parallel port these days?

Could someone post the chip-label for the eMMC? (It's underneath the white sticker!)
HW: UE40ES5700SXXH
FW: T-MST10PDEUC-1029.0 Onboot: 1003
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

+1 for statistic...

Same way we repaired another bricked D6000 mainboard, which bricked after cross-flashing of T-GAPDEUC. Failed boot after firmware upgrade (OTN or USB, doesn`t matter) seems is not a problem.

Needed to do testing on C series! Anyone?

P.s. Required bytes found and toggle works on C series as well. Related topic here.
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

nroberto13

Post by nroberto13 »

Hi,

I've got a 40D8000 which I assume it's not softbricked, but hard. I say it's not softbricked because the issues didn't came right after software upgrade, the TV worked fine 1 day, after that started to bootloop for some minutes and then worked fine for a couple of hours and then everlasting bootloop againg. Now it's bootlooping forever, don't work for some hours after some minutes. Read on other forums it's not uncommon among these boards to be defect having connection issues. Also read that maybe a reflow could help, but I'm not sure what IC to reflow :(.
1. I tried to connect to console via exlink cable to see what's the cause of the bootloop , but it doesn't show anything and I assume that's because I don;t have the RS232 set to debug. Please let me know if my assumption is wrong.
2. I understood the service menu settings are stored in the EEprom, Is it possible to change that RSR232 to debug via eeprom write?

Thanks.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

yes, it is possible to switch debug on. Buy we only have experience with D6750 as you see in this thread. Check here: viewtopic.php?p=38958#p38958

your problem is really uncommon, as you say, at least you will know whts on debug. But this info jot necessary will help to repair.

hedak

Post by hedak »

nroberto13, did you already try to replug all connectors on the board? (be careful for high voltage!!!)

You also could try to store the tv in a could/warm place and try to use it again. Just try to power tv on again and again (with long breaks in between to let tv cool down). One more time working was enough to enable rs232. Maybe then you also could try to reflash the update via USB/internet, but this is risky (imagine the tv reboots during flashing...)
nroberto13

Post by nroberto13 »

Yes I did reconnect all connectors some time, also replaced main with one from a d7000 but with this one the tv doesn't show even the smart tv logo and reboots ( I assume due to the relay clicks ) every 15 secs. So it could be because this main is also faulty, it was taken from a defect tv or due to it's from d7000 not d8000. The main code is the same. BN41-01622c.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

have you tried to replace powerboard?

nroberto13

Post by nroberto13 »

yes, tried with another PSU and my main, and behaved the exact same way. smartv logo and reboots every 2 secs.

Return to “[D] Hardware”