[SOLVED] Forced "toggle" to repair bricked TV?

This forum is for information related with D series hardware.

juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: [SOLVED] Forced "toggle" to repair bricked TV?

Post by juusso »

Sorry, can`t see what`s is written on chips. Could you mark chip, labeled "Weltrend" ? And next to it - 8 pin chip, labeled ATML...(any letters/digits). Is that those? (check photo). The big one is Weltrend, i can see on other photos found on google, now that about small one? Label?
SpoilerShow
IMG_0817_zps19999c87.jpg
Here is no visble pads on the back side right under those chips, but i see really similar to mine 3 pins (red marked):
SpoilerShow
IMG_0818_zps6cff035c.jpg
I wonder if those can have connection to small 8-pin chip, it is far enough, but what if?

p.s. seems three pads on second photo are right under SPD1005. Anyway, take multimeter and check pls.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
prairie
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by prairie »

juuso wrote:Sorry, can`t see what`s is written on chips. Could you mark chip, labeled "Weltrend" ? And next to it - 8 pin chip, labeled ATML...(any letters/digits). Is that those? (check photo). The big one is Weltrend, i can see on other photos found on google, now that about small one? Label?
you are right, the small one is the ATML chip (ATMLH046)

Here is no visble pads on the back side right under those chips, but i see really similar to mine 3 pins (red marked):
I wonder if those can have connection to small 8-pin chip, it is far enough, but what if?

p.s. seems three pads on second photo are right under SPD1005. Anyway, take multimeter and check pls.
yes, those pads are for the SPD1005 and they are labeled A_SYNC, B_SYNC, C_SYNC so not related to micom. I will check some others with multimeter. I did find an SDA_NXC, and SDL_NXC right under this chip, any use?
SpoilerShow
PN60F8500AFXZA
T-FXPAKUC 1206.3 + SamyGO

"BrickMaster 2015"
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

No doubts ATMLH046 is required micom eeprom config. So now you just need to solder wires to i`ts pads 5-4-6 (SDA-SCL-WP) and get GND from some other place (or from pin 4 of that chip if you want, but there are much better places to get GND from :D).

oh, arduino is needed as well. :)

p.s. duno about that chip and pads...
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

prairie
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by prairie »

juuso wrote:No doubts ATMLH046 is required micom eeprom config. So now you just need to solder wires to i`ts pads 5-4-6 (SDA-SCL-WP) and get GND from some other place (or from pin 4 of that chip if you want, but there are much better places to get GND from :D).

oh, arduino is needed as well. :)

p.s. duno about that chip and pads...
good, I will order the arduino-ethernet combo and give it a try. :)
PN60F8500AFXZA

"BrickMaster 2015"
sbav1
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sbav1 »

prairie wrote:I did find an SDA_NXC, and SDL_NXC right under this chip,
SpoilerShow
This is Nexell chip (hardware video encoder, for Dual View/Smart View)
any use?
No, not really.

Micom EEPROM should read ATMLH046*02*; those three pads marked red by juuso are connected to it, most likely.

However, I'm not quite sure forced partition switching will have any useful impact for your bricked mainboard. Unless I'm very much mistaken, it will probably not help at all..

Looks like what you need is mtd_rwarea partition clean-up/reformat - but I don't have any useful ideas how to do it by any simple hardware hack[s].
In theory (just maybe): if you'll be somehow able to disrupt OneNAND <-> SoC communication in the VERY precise moment (to prevent initial /mtd_rwarea mounting in startup script), it may then get erased/reformated.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

sbav1 wrote: However, I'm not quite sure forced partition switching will have any useful impact for your bricked mainboard.
Agree. This is other kind of brick. But AFAIK there is patched firmware on its bricked boards alternative partition and (must ask arris) hotplug is enabled. or not enabled? :?

prairie
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by prairie »

juuso wrote:
sbav1 wrote: However, I'm not quite sure forced partition switching will have any useful impact for your bricked mainboard.
Agree. This is other kind of brick. But AFAIK there is patched firmware on its bricked boards alternative partition and (must ask arris) hotplug is enabled. or not enabled? :?
No, this was an early board and I think another stock FW is on alternate partition, but I will test just for fun. I already tried hotplug trick on active partition and no luck.

Full # of atmel chip is ATMLH046 02C M Y
065003A
PN60F8500AFXZA

"BrickMaster 2015"
prairie
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by prairie »

sbav1 wrote:
prairie wrote:I did find an SDA_NXC, and SDL_NXC right under this chip,
SpoilerShow
This is Nexell chip (hardware video encoder, for Dual View/Smart View)
any use?
No, not really.

Micom EEPROM should read ATMLH046*02*; those three pads marked red by juuso are connected to it, most likely.

However, I'm not quite sure forced partition switching will have any useful impact for your bricked mainboard. Unless I'm very much mistaken, it will probably not help at all..

Looks like what you need is mtd_rwarea partition clean-up/reformat - but I don't have any useful ideas how to do it by any simple hardware hack[s].
In theory (just maybe): if you'll be somehow able to disrupt OneNAND <-> SoC communication in the VERY precise moment (to prevent initial /mtd_rwarea mounting in startup script), it may then get erased/reformated.
Probably this is right, the system remains on for only ~3 seconds before power cycle. Could the SoC I2C pads be used to do this kind of glitch?
PN60F8500AFXZA

"BrickMaster 2015"
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Why are you sure your problem is some flag on mtd_rwarea? You`ll lose nothing (oh, exept arduino price..) if you check what happen if youtoggle partitions. Can be flash error or so dives your tv in bootloop.

prairie
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by prairie »

I am sure it's the flag, I added it manually (stupid idea) to see what would happen. I will still try toggling though, as you say no loss.
PN60F8500AFXZA

"BrickMaster 2015"

Return to “[D] Hardware”