HDD for PVR UE40D5520R

This forum is for information related with D series hardware.

pitkin2020

HDD for PVR UE40D5520R

Post by pitkin2020 »

Hi all,

I have successfully followed the "How to" for enabling PVR on my my problem is now I have nothing to test it with.

I have tried my sandisk 16gb cruzer pen stick but it fails the performance test. The only other drive I have is a WD 500gb passport, but its currently full so I don't want to try it and back it up elsewhere for it to also fail.

What do I need to get this working? Anyhelp much appreciated

Cheers
ocean
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: HDD for PVR UE40D5520R

Post by ocean »

Hi pitkin.

Mount your Usb-Stick on a linux machine after the failed performance test. There you should find the ".PVRPfmChkLog" in CONTENTS folder on the stick. It's hidden so you need to use "STRG+H" to show it. Open the file as root and change the first "0" (zero) to "1". Save the file on the stick, unmount it and try again on your tv. In my case that worked for about 4 or 5 sticks... :mrgreen:
Samsung UE32D6510 (downgraded to T-GASDEUC-1016.0) with "SamyGO Hospitality mode hack" running
Samsung UE46ES6710 ( T-MST10PDEUC-2004) with SamyGo running
pitkin2020

Post by pitkin2020 »

its ok now i found a dusty hard disk stuff in the back of a cupboard which i fitted into an external caddy case and it worked.

Thank you for your reply though

Its a shame the tv doesn't have dual tuner though as it will only record what ever you are watching, but still a nice little thing to have for no extra cost, ive had the tv a while now and only just found out you could unlock this little feature
Spoza

Post by Spoza »

ocean wrote:Mount your Usb-Stick on a linux machine after the failed performance test. There you should find the ".PVRPfmChkLog" in CONTENTS folder on the stick. It's hidden so you need to use "STRG+H" to show it. Open the file as root and change the first "0" (zero) to "1". Save the file on the stick, unmount it and try again on your tv. In my case that worked for about 4 or 5 sticks... :mrgreen:
FWIW, it's actually enough to have this file stored somewhere and simply copy it to the CONTENTS folder via FTP (it "disappears" after copying since it's hidden due to the leading dot). No Linux mounting is necessary.
The file size should be 10 bytes, first byte is the character "1" (0x31), remaining 9 bytes are nulls (0x00). It can be created by your favorite hex editor...
PS59D6900 T-MST5DEUC-1023.0

Return to “[D] Hardware”