UE37D6200 turns it self off after 30 seconds

Here for general support for D series TVs, request and problem solve area.

Oeli

UE37D6200 turns it self off after 30 seconds

Post by Oeli »

Hi Guys,
I have an issue with my UE37D6200. It turns itself off after 30 seconds after hitting the power button. I picked the TV with this problem. Additionally it told me to setup Type, Local Set and Front Color Option. I did so according to the service manual.
Even in the Service Menu it turns itself off.
I found some information on TVs turning off and back on, but mine goes back to sleep without turning back on.
When the TV is on, I can use it normally, and it displays a picture.
I already checked the inside for faulty caps, but couldn't find any leak or blown ones. I thought about changing them anyway because of their age.
Do you have any other advice?

Thanks in advance!
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: UE37D6200 turns it self off after 30 seconds

Post by juusso »

Do you hear any noise coming from tv? Like "click" or so?
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
Oeli

Post by Oeli »

Sorry for my late answer. I am not at home right now so I can't say for sure if there is a noise or not, but I didn't notice anything when I was tinkering around with this thing.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

I`m trying to understand what was initial cause of restarts. When last TV worked well and what did you (or didn`t you, but someone, or nobody) right before it started to reboot as you say.
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

Oeli

Post by Oeli »

I got the TV with this fault. The previous owner told me he wanted to update the TV via Network and it turned itself off during the process.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Tv reboots due hash (security) check of read only partitions. On firmware upgrade failure tv fails to check calculations against secure codes stored inside and initiates reboot.

Few ideas for solution:
1) main board replacement (lucky if you find one, quite old model)
2) try to switch boot partitions via editing micom eeprom corresponding values. Once I posted procedure about what and how to do this. No guarantee it will work for you, but lose nothing if try.

Oeli

Post by Oeli »

Okay, if editing the micom eeprom doesn't work, is there no other way to fix the damaged partitions? I am able to do SMD Soldering and to read/write ICs with my TL866.
Oeli

Post by Oeli »

juusso wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:42 pm Tv reboots due hash (security) check of read only partitions. On firmware upgrade failure tv fails to check calculations against secure codes stored inside and initiates reboot.

Few ideas for solution:
1) main board replacement (lucky if you find one, quite old model)
2) try to switch boot partitions via editing micom eeprom corresponding values. Once I posted procedure about what and how to do this. No guarantee it will work for you, but lose nothing if try.
Could you hit me up with with the instructions? I don't wanna be rude but I would love to revive this TV.

Return to “[D] Support”