Where's My Digital Options?

Here for general support for D series TVs, request and problem solve area.

ddjksa

Where's My Digital Options?

Post by ddjksa »

Hi

Not sure if this has been asked already. I bought my UA55D7000 Samsung Smart TV in Saudi in 2011. I brought it to the UK last month but cannot tune in any digital channels. The region in the main menu is selected to Europe/Asia. There is no option in Autotune or Manual Tune to select digital. The Autotune function runs through but only scans analogue (no channels!). I accessed the service menu but apart from doing a factory reset, didn't really understand any of the other options. I did notice a greyed out option Local Set which has the value EA_SAUDI and was thinking if I could change this to UK or Europe etc. then perhaps I could get a digital option to scan. Any ideas?
notengo13
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: Where's My Digital Options?

Post by notengo13 »

ddjksa wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:11 pm Hi

Not sure if this has been asked already. I bought my UA55D7000 Samsung Smart TV in Saudi in 2011. I brought it to the UK last month but cannot tune in any digital channels. The region in the main menu is selected to Europe/Asia. There is no option in Autotune or Manual Tune to select digital. The Autotune function runs through but only scans analogue (no channels!). I accessed the service menu but apart from doing a factory reset, didn't really understand any of the other options. I did notice a greyed out option Local Set which has the value EA_SAUDI and was thinking if I could change this to UK or Europe etc. then perhaps I could get a digital option to scan. Any ideas?
You need to enter Extended Service Menu if you want change Local Set to EU. And maybe You will need to change tuner on mainboard because of different hardware for tune channels from original country to European standards
UE48H6640 T-MST14DEUC 2781.0 root latestH --> 2130.0 skypeRoot-->0000-->2115.3 "Skype refueled" Root
QE55QN93A - - >firmware T-NKM2DEUC-1805.4 (backup 1590.0) - - >update CURL60 Error --> CURL28 Error

Return to “[D] Support”