40 d 5003 how to make it work the controls panel tv ?

Here for general support for D series TVs, request and problem solve area.

Magiya

Re: 40 d 5003 how to make it work the controls panel tv ?

Post by Magiya »

My TV modell is UE40D5003BW

Now it can play .mkv files (but with some creaky sounds in loud action scenes i've tested on Transformers 3)

I've tried some modells like 5800 or the 5000H (where i stayd) but it doesnt mather which modell will be set. It has no changes in the quality of Screen or Sound and the menu seems to be equal only the un-plugged devices are grey shown.

The problem is like the others said too there is no?! logical way to repair the front panel of the tv after changing the model number in the service menu.

It looks like an bad easter egg of Samsung

Maybe use svc reset?
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

1. Build the IR transmitter
2. Use 3-steps procedure to unlock extended service menu
Alternativelly you can use your old nokia phone with IR port to emulate factory service menu codes. Use method which is easier for you.
3. Navigate in service menu to:
Control-SubOption-Type of PANEL KEY, set it to PDP (last in the list)
4. don`t power off TV, set this option to Horizontal
5. Power off TV.
After power on you should have your touch panel working.

NB! Principle of navigating in service menu:
extended_sm_D5003_2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
mcdcee

Post by mcdcee »

Hey guys.I have the 26 5003 model i did the changing in the service menu for playing the video,all worked well ,also the controls from the front pannel worked ok.but now i have a problem and i don't know if is from the modifications i made or not.Some of my remote buttons won't work 1 example is CH LIST.When i press it, it says unavailable. Any of you know what can be wrong ?Tnx.
Steocullen91

Post by Steocullen91 »

II know this is an old post but I have the exact same problem. I changed to D5800 and now the front panel won't work anymore. I've even reverted back to D5003. If I got my hands on a phone with an IR blaster would that work to send factory and 3speed? I use this tv as my PC monitor and it's handy to be able to power it on with the panel instead of looking for the remote which I have no choice but to do until I fix it.

Return to “[D] Support”