Download Widgets

Here for general support for D series TVs, request and problem solve area.

mo3taz

Download Widgets

Post by mo3taz »

Why when I download on App Widget from Develop account and try to download another App Widget from develop account it remove the 1st installed widget?
My Tv Model UA40D5500
Does Samsung allow to download only one widget App list from Develop Account?
Thanks in advance
McFly

Re: Download Widgets

Post by McFly »

mo3taz wrote:Does Samsung allow to download only one widget App list from Develop Account?
Yes, that's normal behaviour. If you synchonize with a development server all previously installed user apps (only the USER apps) are deleted.

Make a backup of your user apps via ftp before synchonising with another devel server. After that just copy the old apps back to /mtd_down/widgets/user/
After a restart of the TV all apps should be visible in SmartHub again.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Or just post your wanted widgets here and it will be added to servers list...
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
mo3taz

Post by mo3taz »

thanks for reply
but i want know how i can backup my apps i don't have samygo firmware
McFly

Post by McFly »

You have to use SamyGO for ftp access in order to backup and restore your widgets.

If you can't (or don't want to) use SamyGO, get the download URL for each widget you want to install.
Then setup an own develop server (as described in the official Samsung SDK documentation) with a list of all the widgets.
If you synchronise your TV with your own server all the widgets are installed simultaneously.

Basicly a develop server is nothing more than normal webserver (e.g. Apache) with a widgetlist.xml in the root directory. The TV fetches this list and installs all widgets from that list.
If you install the Samsung SDK (http://www.samsungdforum.com/) there's a web server included, just edit the widgetlist.xml - or get a binary package of Apache web server.
ailiev

Post by ailiev »

HEJ wrote:Hy,

sry 4 my newbie quiestion, I'm facing a problem as follows:
I want to control the widgets that I'd like to sync to my TV,
from my localhost apache, and I'm intended to manually download
only those widgets (from the several public servers) that I prefer to use,
and to dl/sync everytime (hoping for version change) and keep deleting the unwanted ones
(e.g russian tv streams viewer widgets in my case).

And by collecting and checking new D series (and under development) widgets,
it would be nice to give them a first try before syncing to TV. So I downloaded the Samsung
smart TV SDK (2.5 then 3.0), to use its emulator. Unfortunately I cannot find /not even using google/,
how to IMPORT existing widget zip files /or extracting its content/ for this SDK to be visible, and checkable.
Just extract the ZIP file for the widget to the SDK Apps dir (C:\Program Files\Samsung TV SDK(2.5.1)\Apps) and restart SDK. then go to File -> Open Project and select the one you extracted. Note that the binary apps will not work, such as skype, etc. cuz they have to run on the TV for the correct environment and cpu
brunogts77

Post by brunogts77 »

hi, it s possible make a backup off Samygo widget ?
UE42F5570 T-MST12DEUC_1119] [OTN=OFF] [OSCAM=ON]
UE55JU6870 T-HKMDEUC-1480 [OSCAM=ON]

Return to “[D] Support”