FTP Resources

Here for general support for D series TVs, request and problem solve area.

macslui

FTP Resources

Post by macslui »

Hi all,
this is my first topic.

I successfully installed SamyGO for D Series but, as others on this forum, I'm not able to browse SMB folders.
Already tried to remove cache content database but still no success.

I see that I can setup an FTP server as Media Player source. My network storage (Netgear STORA) has an ftp server so I want to give a try to this solution.

The question is: How Can I configure Media Player to streadm from an FTP Source?
Inside init folder there is no service for ftp client.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english. :oops:
Last edited by macslui on Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: FTP Resources

Post by juusso »

Hi,

i think you should post your full TV model and firmware you use :)
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
macslui

Post by macslui »

juuso wrote:Hi,

i think you should post your full TV model and firmware you use :)
Ok, model is UE40D6500. For firmware version I need to check when I come back home. ASAP I'll give you this info too.

Anyway, just to better explain, sometimes I'm able to browse both SMB and NFS but, after a TV restart (and SamyGO restart of course) I can see only the entry point of protocol mount (NFS, SMB) and browse only first folder in hierarchy (without files).

I've done my test with SMB only, NFS only (enabling the script 03_03_nfsmount.init) and both protocoll with the same results.

I want to try FTP (inplace of NFS or SMB) because my Netgear STORA handle better this protocol.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Have you dlna script dissabled (djmount.init.dis) ?
dissabling djmount solves the issue where you can`t enter to samba or nfs shares or enter only up to third level of directories.
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

macslui

Post by macslui »

juuso wrote:Have you dlna script dissabled (djmount.init.dis) ?
Tried both. No difference (except dlna availabe on virtual usb with djmount enabled).

My sw ver. is: T-GASDEUC-1013.7, BG-G
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

How to watch ftp resources on TV

1. Download:
curlftpfs.tar.gz
(for arm models) or for Mstar (to be updated)
2. Unpack files from archive (use ftp or samba to upload to TV):

Code: Select all

/mtd_rwcommon/widgets/user/SamyGO/SamyGO/etc/init.d/04_04_curlftp.init
/mtd_rwcommon/widgets/user/SamyGO/SamyGO/opt/privateer/usr/bin/curlftpfs
3. Open and edit the 04_04_curlftp.init (write your login data and server`s IP address)

USER
PASSWD
SERVER
For example:

##### CHANGE MEEEEE !!!!! ######
USER="root"
PASSWD=""
##### CHANGE MEEEEE END ######

SERVER=192.168.1.210
After restart you have to find your ftp server mounted to SamyGO virt. usb-curlftp-IP.
I think it is not bad idea to give permossions to script and binary (over shell)

chmod 755 /mtd_rwcommon/widgets/user/SamyGO/SamyGO/etc/init.d/04_04_curlftp.init
chmod 755 /mtd_rwcommon/widgets/user/SamyGO/SamyGO/opt/privateer/usr/bin/curlftpfs
Binary for Mstar devices(D5500-D5700) is available, testers needed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Spoza

Post by Spoza »

Seems to me that the init script is not quite correct... at least on my Mstar model

1) the set username and password is overwritten on next line by data read from /mtd_rwarea/smb_userdata (it needs to be deleted or commented out)
2) the username and password is not used in the actual curlftpfs command, so it tries to log in the FTP server anonymously (it needs to be changed to "curlftpfs $USER:$PASSWD@$SERVER $DEST_DIR" to work correctly)
3) the insmod command should be probably changed to "insmod $MOD_DIR/kernel/fs/fuse/fuse.ko" instead of "insmod $SYSROOT/lib/modules/fuse.ko"
PS59D6900 T-MST5DEUC-1023.0
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Ok , then make it and when you get it working post here please :-)

Spoza

Post by Spoza »

I'm afraid I won't make it working due to the nonworking(?) fuse on Mstar models (see near the end of the page: http://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f= ... 0&start=20).
PS59D6900 T-MST5DEUC-1023.0
macslui

Post by macslui »

I've tried curlftpfs with original 04_04_curlftp.init and with a modified version of the same script following guidelines of Spoza.
Unfortunatly I can see my ftp server virtually mounted on /dtv/usb/curlftp but cannot go deep through folders (same as Media Player).
I'm using a user to connect to ftp server with full access to all resources (using filezilla as ftp client I'm able to browse everything).
What also can I try? Where can I see a detailed log of mounting script?

Thanks again.

Return to “[D] Support”