Upgrading Clear Motion Rate

Here for general support for D series TVs, request and problem solve area.

mdegan

Upgrading Clear Motion Rate

Post by mdegan »

I have a 40D5500 LED TV. It runs on a CMR or refresh rate of 100 which definitely does not give the crisp images that you expect in a true HD motion. The clarity is very good but the motion quality does not let me enjoy my full HD movies that work much better on my friend's TVs having a higher refresh rate . Is there an option available using which we can upgrade the CMR to 200 or above on the TV or is it completely dependent on hardware? Any pointers on this direction will be highly appreciated.
Iveky3

Re: Upgrading Clear Motion Rate

Post by Iveky3 »

It depends on hardware, processor speed.
henrixd

Re: Upgrading Clear Motion Rate

Post by henrixd »

Iveky3 wrote:It depends on hardware, processor speed.
Forgive me! I'm new at this. Just got UE40ES5505 and have just started reading samygo pages.

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=4406&hilit=ES5500#p33629
According to this post EH5300 - ES6800 all share same MStar X10 900Mhz processor.

http://cdn.uber.lt/ng/tv/1330504405_3_l ... eature.pdf
This shows that ES6800 has 400Hz CMR, while my ES5500 has only 100Hz.

So based on this, I say that processor is not the limiting factor. (at least in my case)

That being said, I would be wery happy to know if there is software way to change this or is it just some other hardware limiting this. Service menu did not give me any answers. Would be nice to know from someone skillfull if this is just waste of time. In the mean time, I need to study more anyway.

Return to “[D] Support”