IPTV as TV input

Ideas and dreaming will go this forum

MarkV

IPTV as TV input

Post by MarkV »

A great option would be the possibility to use Interactive tv through the internet, for example KPN Fiber, as main tv input.
The iptv on the cabled LAN port en the internet through wifi.

IPTV as main tv input with al the options like epg etc, in that case you wouldn't need the @#$&@## motorola settopbox..

Does anybody know if this exists or if there is some sort of converter to convert the signal to ant or rf kabel, instead of the settopbox wich is connected through hdmi?
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: IPTV as TV input

Post by juusso »

Here is the widget, NetPlayer, which works on D series as well. If really needed, it can be used for IPTV.
But i don`t think it is able to show epg.

It is possible to add one widget to startup and it will be automatically started after full TV boot. But i have sense you`re expecting more than widget.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
MarkV

Re: IPTV as TV input

Post by MarkV »

Thanks for the reactions.
I took a look at them en its defently a beginning, but perfect would be that the tv sees it as a tv signal.
It must be possible, i think the software is linux, and the signal comes through a lan cable, only the software has to see the signal as tv signal...
Or has a settopbox special chips in it to read the signal??

Return to “[D] Brainstorm”