Request feature for D series. Task list. Updated 16/9/2013

Ideas and dreaming will go this forum

andi

Re: Request feature for D series. Task list. Updated 09/6/20

Post by andi »

Is there any chance to implement timeframe tolerance when setting recording timer with EPG guide? Programs rarely start and end exactly according to EPG guide and then you miss a couple of minutes at the beginning and/or end.
Useful feature would be that when you set a timer with EPG guide for a program that starts i.e. at 19:00 and ends at 20:00 according to EPG, the timer would actually be schedulled for a period from 18:55 to 20:10, for example.
pohybel

Post by pohybel »

I'm wondering is i possible to add keyboard support to D-Series like this: create daemon which will be running in background and listening for events from USB keyboard. If user press some key daemon will take it and send to TV through UPnP (localhost) like all other Lan remote controls. There are no need to add support for all keys on keyboard. IMHO alphanumeric keys, arrows and enter will be enough for most of D-series users. Of course it will be greate to have possibility to define additional user actions assigned eg. to F1-F12 and other special keys eg
* F1->run some script
* F2->execute key sequence (eg to run youtube widget-> Home,Down,Down,left,left,enter) which mean: open SmartHub, move cursor down x2, move coursor left x2, execute widget.

If somebody is able to create such daemon, it will pe possible to use keyboard in SmartHub, web browser and most of third party widgets.

What do you think about it? Is it possible to create such thing? Or is it too good to be true?
prairie
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by prairie »

New feature/patch request:

PVR option is disabled (option is greyed out in extended servce menu) in US firmwares when country code is set to US, however it is available when country code is set to KOR (korea) so FW supports PVR. Can exeDSP be patched to enable PVR functions?
PN60F8500AFXZA
T-FXPAKUC 1206.3 + SamyGO

"BrickMaster 2015"
tsukeh

Post by tsukeh »

andi wrote:Is there any chance to implement timeframe tolerance when setting recording timer with EPG guide? Programs rarely start and end exactly according to EPG guide and then you miss a couple of minutes at the beginning and/or end.
Useful feature would be that when you set a timer with EPG guide for a program that starts i.e. at 19:00 and ends at 20:00 according to EPG, the timer would actually be schedulled for a period from 18:55 to 20:10, for example.
I think this feature would be great!
flagg

Re: Request feature for D series. Task list. Updated 16/9/20

Post by flagg »

Is there any chance to implement timeframe tolerance when setting recording timer with EPG guide? Programs rarely start and end exactly according to EPG guide and then you miss a couple of minutes at the beginning and/or end.
I think also that is a great feature. My DBox 2 has this few years ago ;-)

Return to “[D] Brainstorm”