make samygo more userfriendly

Ideas and dreaming will go this forum

DEUS
Official SamyGO Developer

make samygo more userfriendly

Post by DEUS »

1. this is not new at all but might help users, to install additional stuff which is not part of the widget yet. idea is to have a script which installs files from specific location to SamyGO (eg. startscripts, DRMDecrypt, privateer), basicaly just unzip or tar it and set rights if neccesary. can provide scripts if wanted for packing and unpacking or uninstalling it

2. there are differences between widget and extensionpack, can it get a WIKI page where the differences are listed?

3. Please do not bann me for this ;-) Supply start.sh and SamyGO.sh and/or an install script (that takes care about it) with the widget to run SamyGO extensions on boot (WIKI Page for start.sh and SamyGO.sh would be nice too) i dont know the differences between different models. but start.sh is a modified rc.local

4. because i lost some modified files a backup script of changes user done in SamyGO directory on regular bases or during resyncing of widget

just tell me what you are thinking about these points, i wont just write scripts for me but when you are intrested in then tell me
DEUS

Re: make samygo more userfriendly

Post by DEUS »

for point 1 i just modified files i written before, there are 2 templates in for drmdecrypt and pvr_disable its just for showing what i mean with it.
users do not have to deal with rigths, easy to set up. devels and user requests are welcome. can be run on start of samygo
TODO is uninstaller, which directory are supposed to use? update handling? device detection? maybe build packs for different versions or one pack and do detection of right file somewhere else
this could be extended to install extension packs directly from you server
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
arris69

Post by arris69 »

DEUS wrote:for point 1 i just modified files i written before, there are 2 templates in for drmdecrypt and pvr_disable its just for showing what i mean with it.
users do not have to deal with rigths, easy to set up. devels and user requests are welcome. can be run on start of samygo
TODO is uninstaller, which directory are supposed to use? update handling? device detection? maybe build packs for different versions or one pack and do detection of right file somewhere else
this could be extended to install extension packs directly from you server
hm,
find
cut
not shipped in original/all firmwares.
and if /mtd_rwarea is full, you get maybe a bootloop and not all devices got writable /tmp, so question is that this method should be reserved for models >= d-series
device detection can be horrible, a fast way maybe not possible, samsung has here no standard way except to grep in exeDSP...
DEUS

Post by DEUS »

oh sorry, now i need to clear some points extension.sh is for creating a the pack on a linux machine where this should be installed, so for the creator he just need to put the files in the coresponding dirs and start sh, sets execute rights for .init .sh and files in *bin/ and pack everything in tar.
install_extension.sh is for installing them on TV (use tar ls grep mkdir mv while) can be run once on each boot or triggered. folders are just as an example can also use folders in SamyGO directory but would keep it outside of SamyGO folder when its better then use /mtd_rwcommon. just put SGO_ext.tar in folder and done no mess with rights and right structure for users.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

I don`t get the point why the widget way is not user friendly way?
Here you also don`t care about user rights or so, just enable/dissable scripts you ever need to have.

From my point of view the better approach could be web based user friendly gui to have everything configured with few mouse clicks. Apache2 is running on arm models wery well... test.cgi is only as example, it is not really usefull to configure something, just to test...
We`re waiting for some good web coder and i hope we enjoy really functional gui for our samy :)
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
arris69

Post by arris69 »

juuso wrote:I don`t get the point why the widget way is not user friendly way?
Here you also don`t care about user rights or so, just enable/dissable scripts you ever need to have.

From my point of view the better approach could be web based user friendly gui to have everything configured with few mouse clicks. Apache2 is running on arm models wery well... test.cgi is only as example, it is not really usefull to configure something, just to test...
We`re waiting for some good web coder and i hope we enjoy really functional gui for our samy :)
yes, but we'r waiting more then one year already for somebody to code a webui :-) (and here is also the situation that we need packages in standardised format)
i think it's not a problem to have a script that can install/move files into extensions structure (the main idea was a modular system :-) ) but this must work for all
arhitectures from a to z series....
DEUS

AW: make samygo more userfriendly

Post by DEUS »

This was intended for stuff which is not part of Samygo yet.
I agree a web interface is a much better and friendlier way for users. Maybe i can do a rudimentary one.
But what will be the way to get new things on the device as i used on the explanation. But i think i got an idea what you expect. Will supply tomorrow. Feel free to post any kind of suggestions.
But for an GUI like this there might be changes neccesary for the scripts to set configurations values.
A little CGI scripting maybe i can do it will be functional but ugly.
If somebody is familiar with plugin system on dreambox. But then plugins and list needs to be maintained somewhere.
I think i knew a good way to achieve it but i might be wrong, i only have an d series for use.
arris69

Re: AW: make samygo more userfriendly

Post by arris69 »

DEUS wrote:This was intended for stuff which is not part of Samygo yet.
I agree a web interface is a much better and friendlier way for users. Maybe i can do a rudimentary one.
But what will be the way to get new things on the device as i used on the explanation. But i think i got an idea what you expect. Will supply tomorrow. Feel free to post any kind of suggestions.
But for an GUI like this there might be changes neccesary for the scripts to set configurations values.
its not a problem scripts what need configuration allready have some mechanism for external config file...
A little CGI scripting maybe i can do it will be functional but ugly.
you can use php too :-)
If somebody is familiar with plugin system on dreambox. But then plugins and list needs to be maintained somewhere.
I think i knew a good way to achieve it but i might be wrong, i only have an d series for use.
DEUS

AW: make samygo more userfriendly

Post by DEUS »

What should be implemented? Also some kind of widget selector?
Prefere external configuration file or use sed and modify existing files? I would preference see
Will be CGI, not familiar with PHP yet. Will be first desinged for d but should be extended for every other
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Widget selector part is almost done, so that isn`t needed.
But for the beginning:
  1. some basic system info window (firmware name, version, mac, duid, cpu, ram bla bla bla)
  2. Full list of available scripts to be enabled. After enabling configuration window is open (if needed). This should scan /SamyGO/init.d/ for available scripts and status.
  3. Separate shares tabs (or config tabs) to make setup and configuration of shares, servers easier.
  4. Webshell (already exists)
  5. PVR recordings list and management (encrypt/decrypt/delete/rename...)
  6. Channel editor (works on some C series models, but has bug which transforms working TV to bricked one ... Bug isn`t removed yet.)
  7. Bookmarks editor (or hystory, index page editor) for native browser
  8. Other (youtube or so lists editor)
  9. Perhaps filemanager (already exists) as tab or link to.
This is just few what came to my mind... Power on imagination... :)
The most what is missing is not overloaded with settings (not as much as possible on main wndow) but as you already said - user friendly - alternative TV management.
Perhaps we could add some streaming of active channel (or whole decrypted stream) to our webgui, some timetable for future recordings, interactive programm guide where you can choose shedules and sheduled recordings, picture/audio settings and so on.

Some SamyGO info block for important news/updates could be usefull.

We could dream a bit or? :?
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE

Return to “[D] Brainstorm”