Activating PVR on D series

Ideas and dreaming will go this forum

dcnigma

Activating PVR on D series

Post by dcnigma »

Hi just a idea but there is no list of working configurations for tv?s that not support the pvr to get it activated :)

maybe its not possible for the hole d series, so correct me if i am wrong.

I know there is this link Activating PVR on D5500/D5700
http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/Activa ... R_on_D5500
But last time i did i messed up my eeprom. Now I have a switch installed for a eeprom reset if its needed.
I have seen more people having troubles activating the pvr function.

all the posted i read said that you needed to change your localset to KOR.
but that option is not available to me. So i changed it to Hong Kong i believe and also change the region to china or something like that.
And also change my Model to 6500 after the changes made in service menu i did e factory reset using these setting and bang my eeprom refused to boot up.
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=6250

in the default screens on the wiki of the UE40D700RSXZ its on EU-GER i did not try this but i gone try this tomorrow I have BE-BENELUX

http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/SM_UE4 ... Version_09
source
because in the other options on the wiki its show it
Control -> Sub Option
You can see the pvr is activated also found out that paneuro for the region is the same for me so need to change this.

I gone try this option tomorrow only gone change my localset EU-GER and reboot my TV and if needed factory reset it.
Then check again of pvr is no more grayed out for me. when i solved my eeprom problem i have seen the pvr option in my smart hub.
Because at first i only could set my type to 46L6uf3e ,i did not connected a wire for network to activate the extended service menu.
To fix the font localset and model. But this gave me the hope of activating it on my d6200 so i can get rid of my STB :)
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Activating PVR on D series

Post by juusso »

Man, KOR is needed for north and south american tv`s, because there is no paneuro option. For EU models it is enough to just increase model to 6500...
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE

Return to “[D] Brainstorm”