[How-To] Alternatives of Samsung WiFi Link Stick

This forum is for information related with B series hardware instead of firmware/software.

juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: [How-To] Alternatives of Samsung WiFi Link Stick

Post by juusso »

Compille new drivers with your VID and PID and you can use your dongle :)
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
Aloyz

Post by Aloyz »

Pid and vid was untouched. Compiling custom driver will not help.

Is it possible that p2e addresses were wrong and p2e changed some other info or even firmware under this addresses?
Aloyz

Post by Aloyz »

OK! I flashed it under VBox with Xbuntu 11.10! Used this toutorial http: kaustav. codebinders. com/2011/10/install-dwa-125-driver-on-ubuntu-1110.html

However ... i don't see any network and get wrong mac if i put network configuration by hand :/ I have ue40d5500. Any hope?

It works also under windows after adding new vid and pid to inf.

I will today have mac address of original wis90abgn - how can i flash it to this dongle?
nspierbundel

Post by nspierbundel »

Lots of people have this problem of unknown mac, most likely means incorrect chip.

Glad it isnt bricked afterall
Daniel
Aloyz

Post by Aloyz »

OK. I will experiment with cloned mac of my brothers dongle. I made a vm with drivers and script to make stick with samsung vid and pid accessible again as ra0.

I will flash first 6 bytes of mac to his and see what will happend. If i will be able i will try to copy his whole eeprom with script from the forum, so you can use it on your own. IMHO eeprom dump script on forum has an error. The step should be not i++ but i+=2 - becouse now it runs very long and all data are dumped twice becouse e2p dumps word - 2 bytes at onece.
Of course in place of his mac i will put some rubish so Szajsung will not block his dongle.

If you guys have a ftp with about 2GB i can upload VDI disk image form VirtualBox and VM configuration - and win7 32bit driver for moded wifi adapter. Maybe someone will make his dongle usable.

Any idea what chip is inside wis09abgn2, or wis10abgn? Both are compatible with my D5500.

And are there any 2870 chips usb dongles still available?

------------------------------------
Checked with cloned mac address. It doesn't help :/ So you can add to wiki that dwa-125 A3 doesn't work at least on D550, will try it on B series - maybe on weekend and dump eeprom of wis09abgn.

Too bad my first dlink died :/ I doubt it will be replaced on warranty. IMHO it was somehow driver fault. So before you start to flash check if it is readable - i didn't.
Last edited by Aloyz on Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
nspierbundel

Post by nspierbundel »

Chip is readable in e2p
First bytes i thought, see previous posts
Aloyz

Post by Aloyz »

wikidevi says about Samsung_WIS10ABGN it is Ralink RT3572 so it should be easy to clone but ..... does any one know VID and PID for it?
nspierbundel

Post by nspierbundel »

Hi, can you post the e2p dump?
Im interested in changing mac
Daniel
Aloyz

Post by Aloyz »

First 24 bits which identify vendor are E4-7C-F9. I don't know if i will get wis09agbn in my hands this weekend, if i get it i will upload dump immedietly. You can change mac easily - but you have to remeber abut cardinal computer rule - younger byte, older byte. So you have to flash 04 - 4e, 06 - c7, 08 - 9f

If you search for this prefix on google it will confirm.
nspierbundel

Post by nspierbundel »

Ty
Will try later
Daniel

Return to “[B] Hardware”