[How-To] Alternatives of Samsung WiFi Link Stick

This forum is for information related with B series hardware instead of firmware/software.

erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Re: Alternatives of Samsung WiFi Link Stick

Post by erdem_ua »

boss-131 wrote:Welcome

I'm new on this forum and my english is week. So please be tolerant.
I've decided to write about three confirmed examples of WiFi stick, that's working with LEXXB650. I have readen about it on Polish forum. The exact device is WiFI TP-LINK TL-WN827N and it's working with original 2005 firmware (without any chnges). Producer page link: http://www.tp-link.com/products/product_des.asp?id=155 . In Poland it costs about 85zl=22Euro. Here is a post that confirms my words (in Polish) http://hdtv.com.pl/forum/showthread.php ... post443726. You can verify this information and confirm or decline. I just wanted to help.
Sorry for my english. I hope you will understand what i've written.
Best regards.
Hi, We don't know If that dongle is work or not.
If it uses rt73 or rt2870 linux driver, than it could work with WiFi modules with from SamyGo project.
Buy We cannot know if that work or not. Even we have the same dongle, there could be revision difference that uses different chipset makes dongle incompatible...
You can check 2nd page of this topic that has some type of dongles that work with MODIFIED FW.
I advice you that order it from internet. Depending Consumer Rights at your country, you can revert the unit back and have your money in a week. At least in Turkey, we have this right. I think its same on all EU countries. Knowing your rights is more important than dongle works or not :)
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

You can inject this module to your TV's boot.img. But I don't recommended it. It could be little hard to make it.
Instead use SamyGO Firmware Patcher and select "Advanced mode".
After Flashing your firmware, you can create a script (/mtd_rwarea/SamyGO.sh)
After put required lines in it which unloads old rt73.ko and loads new one.
You can place rt73.ko to "/mtd_rwarea/" directory too.

Its vital that reading here too :)
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

Actually you can use the SamyGO Firmware Patcher v0.16 pre2 from the CI+ Applications thread. But you can't FLASH resulted image because of the protection.

Return to “[B] Hardware”