RF Tuners on B*50 and B*79

This forum is for information related with B series hardware instead of firmware/software.

majonezz
SamyGO Project Donor

RF Tuners on B*50 and B*79

Post by majonezz »

Hello everybody. I'm new to this board. Great job, that you're doing guys :)
I'm owner of B650 and therefore i have no DVB-S/S2 support. It would be great to add a DVB-S/S2 tuner do my TV. I saw some pictures of mainboard of b650 and i guess there was a place on PCB to put dvb-s tuner. Have anybody a high-res pictures of b579 or b679 motherboards? I want to determine, which type of rf tuner is placed in dvb-s tv's. Maybe some owner of *79 can access service menu and check which tuner for dvb-s is selected.
I've noticed, that in b650's rwarea are files to store satellite channels, so i think the 650's firmware can handle dvb-s.
There are lack of b*79 images on the net so i can't even see where the "F" connector is placed at. Could anybody upload a picture of the b*79's rear view?
Thanks in advance.
majonezz
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: RF Tuners on B*50 and B*79

Post by majonezz »

Thanks beppo2 :)

Well, there is one tuner instead of two. Seems like it's a super combo triple tuner. I guess that samsung part number of the tuner is bn40-00141a.
I found one on polish internet store: http://north.com.pl/karta/bn4000141a--t ... 61321.html . It's quite expensive, about 95 euros. I will analyze PCB's of both, dvb-s-enabled and not-dvb-s-enabled TV's and figure out if there are some additional parts placed on it, except of tuner of course. There may be some additional supply voltage needed to power lnb block.

Thanks again - the photo is very valuable for me.
majonezz
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by majonezz »

My investigation goes very slowly, but i find out, that PCB differs a little bit - unfortunately :( Some sort of additional elements are placed od *79 board. For example, there is a chip LNBH23 placed on *79 version. Logically, that chip should be integrated in RF can, but it wasn't. So there are too many things to place on PCB for me, and i'm giving up. In addition, i'm not sure, if firmware from my non-CI+ B650 could handle sat tuner. Indeed, there are some procedures to manage sat settngs, but i'm not sure how to activate them. Vision of bricked tv after changing tuner type in servicemenu scares me :)
Here is picture of mine PCB without LNBH23

But i think i found a solution. I'm going to buy complete 679 PCB. Is there somebody interested to buy my old board? It's in good condition, never was soldiered, etc. Of course it's already patched with samygo-patcher.
If so, please pm me, maybe someone need spare parts or eval-board. Board is described as BN94-02583U according to samsung's codes.
Last edited by majonezz on Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

After changing wrong model/tuner and something else in SM and brick TV, you can get it working after shorten eeprom pins on m/b.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

Do we need junk parts Or a second hand section forum? :)
Might be people wanted to be sell their B Series TV's for buying C series,
or bricked TV's boards could repaired via junk boards from TV's whole panels are cracked, etc...
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Let us make such junkyard... I do not think it will be much users who have to sell/buy or change, but maybe...
After some testing period this section could be closed if not popular...
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

Okey created.
majonezz
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by majonezz »

Hello, finally i've made it :) Technically it was easy, but a little bit expensive. New LE40B679 mainboard = 126 euro. The trickest part of an operation was making a hole for terrestial connector in the back of the tv. But it's not that complicated as it seems, becouse there is a hole in plastic material, so only printed label is covering this hole. Each connector is exact the same on both m-boards, so just only plug&play :). The disadvantage i've noticed so far is in Media Player. It seems, that T-CHL6CIPDSEUC player differs from the one in T-CHL7DEUC. The difference lies in *.ts playing.
On my old good B650 with 2005 firmware i could play pvr-recorded content with no problem, but b679 have some problems with this :(. Only few recorded materials are able to play with B679's player (fware 1008). I'm planning to make a little investigation about that.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Congratts! Where did you get mainbard from?
I can say, i have trouble on my god old b653 ;) with playing *.ts PVR recorded files all the time. It is common PVR problem, not only yours.

Return to “[B] Hardware”