Hardware of C series - ExLink located

This forum is for information related with B series hardware instead of firmware/software.

erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Hardware of C series - ExLink located

Post by erdem_ua »

Hi, I open this topic. Just see a picture that belong to C series. They have ExLink connection!
That means some C series owner needed to itch this port :)
Might be old debug 1198282 could work on first revisions of HW's. :p

It might not placed a link to outside, but C series definitely have this port at least on mainboards.
nostromo1983

Re: Hardware of C series - ExLink located

Post by nostromo1983 »

I dont know any person with C series but it would be interesting if we could dump the firmware throught shell access with ex-link. Maybe the hack to bypass character restriction can be helpfull in this quest.
Samsung LE32B554 T-CH5DEUC 2006.0 with patched u-boot for usb boot with OpenEmbedded custom kernel with network supported and usb rootfs
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

Only if they don't restrict exlink from firmware recently.
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

Yes, but since original design has exlink connection, I wish we might find required pins inside of TV.
aquadran

Post by aquadran »

striker6879 wrote:I was able to get a working ExLink serial connection using Hyper Terminal and setting RS232 to debug... well half working. I got the boot log (will post if requested) but I was unable to get any input, by either typing 'debug' or '1198282'. I was also unable to get into uboot using methods described in the wiki and forum (pressing and holding '-' during boot, or '~' or hitting 'Enter').
for C series is "10041004"

Return to “[B] Hardware”