ExLink connection to Samsung T24E390

Forum for your Monitor questions instead of TVs

zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Re: ExLink connection to Samsung T24E390

Post by zoelechat »

ath123 wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:49 am This is the Top Debug Menu. Any clue as to where Network (ext-wifi) and DLNA might be?
Well, as I told above, I'm afraid TDM is no longer what it used to be and what you expected. Basically nothing "interactive" anymore, but only "debug" stuff.
Now the clue to permanently expand your functionalities (=keep on reboot) would be to look for a (similar) monitor model officially supporting Ext.Wifi and DLNA, if any, then change model to that reference into SM. Bootup supported features are model dependent.
That implies a risk of soft-brick though (=needing EEPROM reset) if ever you set kind of not compatible model. If you decide to have a go, first think to take photos of your current SM values if you need to setup some from scratch afterwards :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Open back panel to check or/and refer to schematic manual to check if wifi module exists at all. If no module, then might be you have to buy it and connect it? In most cases all required circuit are usualy there, as mainboards are crosscompatible, just modules are mising = lower end model.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
ath123

Post by ath123 »

Sorry if I misunderstood something, but what I would like to do is to use my USB wifi stick (which by the way is not Samsung but of another brand that I have changed its PID to be compatible with Samsung TVs). I am using it with my older B300 TV-monitor without any problem (DLNA enabled). So for this option my TV must have "wifi module"?? In other words this is a hardware or just software/firmware problem?
ath123

Post by ath123 »

If I upload the .txt file that I get from PUTTY where there are :
- Booting progress/information
- The TDM and some of its submenus (because I have typed the relevant codes)
- The turning off process/information
Is anybody able to "read" it and tell me if there is any usefull information in it, as far as the possibility to permanently enable external Wifi stick and DLNA?
I know that @zoelechat said that probably there is only information in TDM, but even if there is even a minor chance to achieve my goal, I would like to try it. Also I would like to do it not "blindly".
As far as choosing other monitors in Service Menu as @zoelechat suggested, only TE391 or TE590 or TE395 are available (mine is TE390) and as I have seen in Internet search none of them has this ability.

Return to “Monitors”