Samsung TV/PC Monitor LT27A550EW/EN

Forum for your Monitor questions instead of TVs

BlinDHuNTeR

Re: Samsung TV/PC Monitor LT27A550EW/EN

Post by BlinDHuNTeR »

Hi there,
I have a model of the same family (a LT24A550) and I'm also searching for info about it. It has a T-MSTMDEUC firmware (mine came with version 1002 preinstalled). I didn't find anything about this firmware anywhere. I downloaded the firmware update from samsung (couldn't post samsung link due to new-user restrictions) and tried to decrypt it with Firmware Patcher 0.30, with no success (it says that this version doesn't know the AES key).

I didn't try to flash this firmware to my TV yet. I'm waiting for more info before doing anything. I'm also going to buy an USB-to-TTL converter and make a ex-link cable to see if it helps.
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

Do we need open Monitors forum ? :-)

I don't know those monitors, but you can try same hacks at your device.. First goal is rooting it.
Try to find ExLink connection at VGA connection like C series or search for it on system board...
If you can make some progress, I will open another forum for monitors.
Good lucks.
yepp

Post by yepp »

anyone tried to activate wifi support on MSTMDEUC Monitors? through Sevice menu. is it possible?
BlinDHuNTeR

Post by BlinDHuNTeR »

Hi guys! So, I got a Nokia CA-42 and proceeded to make a ExLink cable.

My first step was to download drivers, and while doing this, I found that this cable uses a ARK3116 controller (and not a PL2303 as I was expecting). It does not have Win7 drivers, so I booted to XP and installed it normally.

After cutting the cable for connection, I got another surprise: it has only 3 wires inside it, despite the fact that the nokia plug has 6 pins. I found out that green is Rx and blue is Tx, so I connected them to pins 4 and 11. Then there is a white wire, I connected it to pin 5 (it's the only remaining wire, so it should be GND).

The ExLink cable works perfectly. I have RS232 set as debug and Watchdog OFF, and I can read the debug messages with HyperTerminal. Then typed 1198282, followed by 20089999, and now I am at the Top Debug Menu. Now the question is: What useful thing can I do here?

Btw, can this thread be moved to the new Monitors forum by now?
frostmoon69

Post by frostmoon69 »

Hello to all. I do not understand why no one is interested in finding the solution to mount SamyGo on these monitors Tv And yet I see that there are many people who are interested in the question.

Please let us know something.
ghaspias

Post by ghaspias »

I am also looking for any information regarding the monitor/tv combo, specifically for LT24B750EW. It seems these models are totally ignored in this forum/project... Is there some additional info we can provide in order to allow the developers to give us some answers?

Return to “Monitors”