Record TV over USB

Here for general support for B series TVs, request and problem solve area.

geo650
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Record TV over USB

Post by geo650 »

For your information: I did some tests of DVB-T recording. As expected, it works well. :P There are some problems with audio when playing them back in MediaPlay but it is not important at the moment. I have been recording MPEG-2 and MPEG-4, SD and HD streams with MPEG1, DD, HE-AAC -encoded sound. Most of them can be played without any problems in PC.

@erdem_ua:
:idea: An idea for directory for recorded movies: maybe you could make a config file where each user can set his/her favourite path to use?
BTW, now I use CIFS-remaped /mtd_wiselink/MOVIE001 path and can play recordings immediately (no USB device is needed), but I don't think it is a good idea because there is a problem with directory contents refreshing in MediaPlay.
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

antartide wrote:Hi, I make ex-link cable and 'im going in debug men?, when i try record a dtv channel (name: /dtv/usb/sda1/prova.ts; pid 0x1,0x2,0x4 ) But the tv immage was freezed and when i write 67 to stop, the tv become green and after 3 second power off ...o.o.
On usb i have a prova.ts (0 byte) and a file named prova.mdb (1k) ...What's happened?
I try only once ...i don't want brick devide ..i'm scared woman now o.o
I have to try onother time? o.o
I have to disable watchdoc by service menu?
In service menu i see that the option WiseLink Write is OFF, mybee this?
your problem is Slow USB.
Try it to write SMB or NFS target. :)
Since you usb can't handle ~8MB/s, your exeDSP is freeze, than watchdog restarts it...
geo650 wrote:For your information: I did some tests of DVB-T recording. As expected, it works well. :P There are some problems with audio when playing them back in MediaPlay but it is not important at the moment. I have been recording MPEG-2 and MPEG-4, SD and HD streams with MPEG1, DD, HE-AAC -encoded sound. Most of them can be played without any problems in PC.

@erdem_ua:
:idea: An idea for directory for recorded movies: maybe you could make a config file where each user can set his/her favourite path to use?
BTW, now I use CIFS-remaped /mtd_wiselink/MOVIE001 path and can play recordings immediately (no USB device is needed), but I don't think it is a good idea because there is a problem with directory contents refreshing in MediaPlay.
It will be configurable via ini file as it NFS share service. but needed to be patient :)
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

antartide wrote:
erdem_ua:
your problem is Slow USB.
Try it to write SMB or NFS target. :)
Since you usb can't handle ~8MB/s, your exeDSP is freeze, than watchdog restarts it...
My tv not have network support (b6000WV) =I
I try with an USB HD now say:

Code: Select all

Input Record File Name : /dtv/usb/sda1/qwer.ts
Video Pid: 0x1
input is 0x1
Audio Pid: 0x2
input is 0x2
PcrPid: 0x3
input is 0x3
__ REC FILE OPEN (/dtv/usb/sda1/qwer.ts, ffffffff)
 Error open pvr Rec device(85221ff6)
The problem can be NTFS file system?
Definitely. TV has not NTFS write support. Try with FAT or Ext3 FS
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

Nope, this is only for DVB streams. With analog input, you cannot record anything.
There could be a way for handling/recording analog TV too but it will not as easy as DVB signal. Also you cannot encode it to even MPEG2 with TVs CPU.
nostromo1983

Post by nostromo1983 »

rudm wrote:I guess this recording feature only applies to already encoded DVB streams received via the DVB port on the TV.

Does anyone know how the analog inputs are handled? e.g how are the composite inputs digitalized / encoded before they are displayed on screen, could there be a way to tap into that stream to get PVR functionality also for non-DVB inputs.
Was wondering if it were thinkable to add NTFS write support with NTFS-3G?
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

Ntfs-3g possible but I think exeDSP will not read contents of ntfs-3g mounted drives. Might be we could alter that mount via ext3 drive by using mount --bind command from virtual drive.
Also ntfs-3g sucks too much CPU power in some situations.

I am stuck with injection this days. KeyCommand class doesn't allow injection and exeDSP kills instantly. I don't know why but I am after the problem :)
nostromo1983

Post by nostromo1983 »

http://packages.debian.org/en/sid/armel ... g/download
Do u think i can extract the kernel module from the .deb then copy inside the firmware and try to insmod it?
I've read NTFS3G is reliable but very slow.
I'll try this.
Samsung LE32B554 T-CH5DEUC 2006.0 with patched u-boot for usb boot with OpenEmbedded custom kernel with network supported and usb rootfs

Return to “[B] Support”