Record TV over USB

Here for general support for B series TVs, request and problem solve area.

sorcerer1
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Record TV over USB

Post by sorcerer1 »

Hello!I've done some changes on PVRv011.zip:

- don't translate unicode to ASCII. Instead, translate it to UTF-8. I think you now can save your programs with their native names
- select pvr.log path correctly (use strrchr() instead of strchr())
- improve logging system
- code cleanup
- add Makefile
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
geo650

Post by geo650 »

paul86 wrote:You can use in IMG_Load() pixel to ransparent method, check this out:
http://cboard.cprogramming.com/game-pro ... stion.html
Actually, I did this because I didn't know how to get alpha-channel information to action. Then I made opaque PNG bitmaps that are overlayed using simple color-keying method.
sorcerer1 wrote:Hello!I've done some changes on PVRv011.zip:
- don't translate unicode to ASCII. Instead, translate it to UTF-8. I think you now can save your programs with their native names
Thank you! It is nice to see a new version of PVR application.
I'll think of UTF-8 encoding in geoPVR but I am not sure it will be better.
black-byte wrote:I tried to make a table of correspondences. [...]
Could you make it so that would be, if not one character is not reached, then replace it on the _ (underscore)?
Thank you. Your conversion table has been put into my application. Underscores are placed in every other not-converted "strange" character.

If somebody want to test my application, here is a preview version of this.
README.TXT included in the archive. Please read before use.
Source code will be enclosed later, after some improvements will be done.

EDIT: geoPVR 0.5 (preview version) has been deleted. There is a new version of geoPVR. Please download new version.
Last edited by geo650 on Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
geo650

Post by geo650 »

black-byte wrote:Building PVRv012 saves the file in a format 100528_210213_??? ??????_ _????? ??????????_.ts (including all letters of national character) and it's good:)

But the version geoPVR_0v5_preview recorded file like so: R2010-05-30_10-45__5__4 @ 0_0__! _04_0O_65_I8_0___001.ts That not very normal, because little understood.

Guys I have to ask you, you could combine these two programs that have version geoPVR_0v5_preview (it is more advanced) was able to save files in the same format as PVRv012.
Hmm, I must say I don't know why it is converted like this. There are no problems in my TV but I have no Russian channels in DVB-T/C. Conversion table is provided by You, but maybe I made an error. I have to look into code and check. Please be patient. I'll repair this for sure. Probably, I also will add UTF-8 encoding as an option (configurable through geopvr.ini).

BTW: I miss some software functions to make geoPVR even better. Maybe someone could help? Here are my questions for programmers:
- how to get current channel number [+name] ?
- how to check that TV is in teletext, Content Library or MediaPlay mode?
- how to switch a channel?
paul86 wrote:I noticed (comparing to doodlecz's version) that now recording starts 5 seconds after pressing REC button - in MediaPlay motion and sound starts from 5th second of recording (every time) and sound is mute in last 2 seconds.
Others things are cool especially OSD elements like REC icon on screen or HDMI1 function ;)
nice work!
I need to test PVR app then. I didn't notice any delays at start. It is strange, because we probably use the same function to start and stop recording. I'll look at this for a while. To paul86: please check your private message - I have one question.

I hope to release new version soon.

I wish to thank all the people that started this project. I have relatively easy task to add some features. The most difficult thing was to get it to work from nothing. Thank you fellows once more.
sbav1

Post by sbav1 »

Great work!
I'm getting quite curious how your graphical OSD display is implemented exactly; are the SDL function calls just working like that, even if TV is not in the content library "game" mode ?
geo650 wrote: - how to switch a channel?
I think doodlecz was working on that, but exact function /proper method call was not yet found. Maybe you can use a simple workaround like this: his remote control app makes possible sending any keycode in any time to the TV, so just sending keycode for "TV", then keycodes for number[s] + <ENTER> should allow for simple channel switching.

If I may suggest one additional feature: I'm wondering if switching inverter (backlight) off and on may be possible with single keypress / function call. Currently it requires painfull navigating through "Energy saving" menu etc. I think such a function will be often useful while recording.
If appropiate function[s] in firmware can be identified, it may even turn TV into decent enough audio player (currently this particular energy saving option is not available in media player - it's possible to adjust energy saving value by specific keycode, but on/off turning is not available).
geo650

Post by geo650 »

sbav1 wrote:I'm getting quite curious how your graphical OSD display is implemented exactly; are the SDL function calls just working like that, even if TV is not in the content library "game" mode ?
[...]
sending keycode for "TV", then keycodes for number[s] + <ENTER> should allow for simple channel switching.

If I may suggest one additional feature: I'm wondering if switching inverter (backlight) off and on may be possible with single keypress / function call [...]
I didn't test if standalone application can draw something using SDL but my application can be run from exeDSP without Content Library. It works without CL, but it is executed within exeDSP. I can test standalone SDL application later (no time at the moment).
I need to study SDL more to get Atari emulator (http://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=621) to life ;)

An idea of sending channel number via remote codes is quite good, but it would be great to know how to do this more "polite", using exeDSP functions. Thanks for that idea.

Backlight (with MUTE) hotkey is also good idea. If I knew how to do it, I would implement this feature as well. Unfortunately, I don't know how to call such function (yet). All these problems can be solved by analysing exeDSP. It's not easy without source code.

Return to “[B] Support”